Saturday, October 31, 2020

Week 44 Review: In the Hall With the Knife

From Goodreads:
A murderer could be around every corner in this thrilling YA trilogy based on the board game CLUE!
 
When a storm strikes at Blackbrook Academy, an elite prep school nestled in the woods of Maine, a motley crew of students—including Beth "Peacock" Picach, Orchid McKee, Vaughn Green, Sam "Mustard" Maestor, Finn Plum, and Scarlet Mistry—are left stranded on campus with their headmaster. Hours later, his body is found in the conservatory and it's very clear his death was no accident. With this group of students who are all hiding something, nothing is as it seems, and everyone has a motive for murder. Fans of the CLUE board game and cult classic film will delight in Diana Peterfreund's modern reimagining of the brand, its characters, and the dark, magnificent old mansion with secrets hidden within its walls.

My Review:
Yeah, I loved reading this book! Clue is my favourite board game, and movie. I've seen that movie so many times! So having a version of it in book form, well, I really loved that! We have all of the named characters lined up from the other sources-the only one I couldn't match up was Orchid. 

All of these characters had secrets, it seemed. And I really enjoyed being in all of their heads, learning about them. Because they could all potentially be the killer, though when you're in their heads, well, at least I didn't suspect them during those times, because I'm easily lead by what a character is thinking. And when we switch which character we're following, well, we change who could be suspected. So that's fun! 

I was a little confused as to Vaughn and what happened with his twin. After all, when we're in the other character's perspectives, we don't know that he has a twin. So I'm not sure if I'm correct as to when the first switch happened, though I do know when the second did. And I have a poor memory for details, so I don't remember all of the conflict that he caused. This is more of a my poor memory thing, because this is a pretty great story device! 

Wow, I was not expecting that ending! Once we had the clues, it all made sense, but we didn't get that one very big, vital clue, until right near the end. But it did make sense, and while it's a bittersweet ending, it was a satisfying one! 

This was such a great read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Diana Peterfreund 
Series: Clue Mystery #1
Read: October 25th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Amulet Books
Published: October 8th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!