Meet Kate Mackenzie. She:
* works for the T.O.D. (short for Tyrannical Office Despot, also known as Amy Jenkins, Director of the Human Resources Division at the New York Journal)
* is sleeping on the couch because her boyfriend of ten years refuses to commit
* can't find an affordable studio apartment anywhere in New York City
* thinks things can't get any worse
They can. Because:
* The T.O.D. is making her fire the most popular employee in the paper's senior staff dining room
* that employee is now suing Kate for wrongful termination, and
* now Kate has to give a deposition in front of Mitch Hertzog, the scion of one of Manhattan's wealthiest law families, who embraces everything Kate most despises ... but also happens to have a nice smile and a killer bod.
The last thing anybody—least of all Kate Mackenzie—expects to find in a legal arbitration is love. But that's the kind of this that can happen when ... BOY MEETS GIRL.
I just absolutely loved reading this book! It was just so entertaining, and so good, and I just wanted to have more! I've read the 3rd book, so I knew about the unusual style of communication in emails and texts, but I just loved reading that again!
So this book is about the situation where the meanie, Amy, makes Kate fire a very beloved caterer. And the lawsuit that becomes of that. And what's hilarious, is that Mitch, the one that Kate falls in love with, is the brother of Amy's fiancée. Which makes it so much more connected!
I loved Kate and Mitch together, because they were really fantastic people that fit well together, stuck in a pretty not nice situation, but they both made the most of it! I mean, the higher up didn't deserve the lady's treats!
I loved how things worked out in the end, because they were just right, and I enjoyed it a lot! Amy couldn't cover that bad stuff up, and the good guys won, and Kate and Mitch were happy together, and I just enjoyed that a lot!
This was such a great book, I enjoyed reading it so much, I really need to read this series in order!
Author: Meg Cabot
Series: Boy #2
Read: June 14th, 2012
Reason Why: Love Meg Cabot's books, and it's a RR book!
Publisher: Avon Trade
Published: January 6th 2004