Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week 25 Review: Awaken Me Darkly

From Goodreads:
RIDDING THE WORLD OF EVIL, ONE ALIEN AT A TIME: THAT'S MIA SNOW'S MISSION.

Snow is in the forecast.

In a time and place not too far away, Mia Snow is an alien huntress for the New Chicago Police Department. Heading up her expert team of Alien Investigation and Removal agents, Mia's unmatched at battling the elusive enemy among us, and she's the perfect girl for the job. She's seen her brother die at the hands of aliens. She's earned each of her scars. And she'll die before she cries. Now, a series of killings have Mia and her partner Dallas tracking alien suspects -- but a sudden blast of violence leaves Dallas fighting for his life.

They are ice and fire.

The chance to save Dallas appears in the form of a tall, erotic stranger. An alien. A murder suspect. Kyrin en Arr, of the deadly Arcadian species, holds the power to heal the injured agent but not without a price. For Mia Snow, that price is surrendering to Kyrin's forbidden seduction...and embracing their electric attraction. She's walking a knife's edge, risking her badge and even her life. The closer she gets to Kyrin, the more Mia learns about her own heart, her human needs -- and the shocking secret that will shatter everything she's ever believed.

My Review:
Oh, wow, such a great book! I just loved rereading this book, because I mean, it's one of the 2 books that I've read on a semi-frequent basis, and that I can basically read in 1 sitting, and I think my time on reading it goes down each time!

I love Mia and Kyrin's relationship, that he knew from when he first met her that he would be with her, because of the picture in his special Arcadian necklace. And how they had so many physical fights when the met, a bit of a competition, even if he went easy on her, because of said fore knowledge.

The whole plan that Mia came up with, with the fake move-up execution of his sister, that was a bit ingenious, besides the fact that it didn't work, but that was because Kyrin had powers that that they didn't know about, so yeah.

That her mom had slept with one of her brothers (who I know has a different mom, the brothers and Mia share a dad) and then brainwashed the other when their dad killed the first brother, that was not fun for Mia to learn! And yeah, I really wanted to hurt her dad for that!

Loved this book so much, and now I have to read this whole series now!!!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Alien Huntress #1
Read: June 18th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Had to reread it! And it's a 2012 Dystopian book!
Publisher: Downtown Press
Published: May 28th 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!