Saturday, January 5, 2013

Week 1 Review: Mark of the Witch

From Goodreads:
A lapsed Wiccan, Indira Simon doesn't believe in magic anymore. But when strange dreams of being sacrificed to an ancient Babylonian god have her waking up with real rope burns on her wrists, she's forced to acknowledge that she may have been too hasty in her rejection of the unknown. Then she meets mysterious and handsome Father Tomas. Emerging from the secrecy of an obscure Gnostic sect, he arrives with stories of a demon, a trio of warrior witches-and Indira's sacred calling. Yet there's something even Tomas doesn't know, an inescapable truth that will force him to choose between saving the life of the woman he's come to love-and saving the world.


My Review:
Oh, this was a really awesome book! I enjoyed it so much, of this world, of these characters, of this writing! And I know I wrote that weird, but I'm getting tired, and I want as many words as possible for these reviews that I'm writing!

This is the introduction to this world, and it did a mighty fine job of that, that I am so glad that I was also approved for the next 2 books in the series, because it means that I can read them right away, because I really want to now after reading this book!

I loved how Father Tomas and Indira were connected, because, boy, was there a connection there! And not the average attraction, either, but something bit, and a bit otherwordly, because that is the world that they live in, that there's this big mystery to solve!

And when they do so, well, yeah, that was really great! I loved how Father Tomas stood up against the wrong dude, and in the process, changed things from how they ended the first time! So great to read!

And now I just really want to read more of the series, it's going to be just as good as this book, I know it!

Author: Maggie Shayne
Series: The Portal #1
Read: December 30th, 2012
Source: Library/NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good!
Publisher: Mira
Published: September 18th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!