Saturday, April 26, 2014

Week 17 Review: Don't Look Back

From Goodreads:
Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend. 

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash.

But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?

My Review:
Oh, god, what a wonderful book! I loved the mystery, I loved the romance, and I loved everything about it, because it was so freaking good!!! There were excellent characters, characters I could go so mad at, like her boyfriend, and the incident where he took pictures, and then sent them to his friends. Or her friends, who just put down pretty much everyone who isn't them, isn't like them, stinking filthy rich.

I loved the twist of who was writing the notes, because for me, it was like this uneasy feeling, is it who I think it is, maybe? Or am I going crazy with the wondering of who doesn't want Sam to remember. Who doesn't want her Because that's a major question, along with what happened to Cassie, and why were/are Sam's memories gone, and who did this to them or her, if it was Sam that did it to Cassie?

I had a half-hearted suspicion on the ultimate baddie in the book, and I was close. Ish. By wrong everything, but one thing. And that one thing, it was placed throughout the book, so when you look back, you can see it, the path that led to the ending, and makes you wonder how you confused it with another path. Because you have, you've been travelling a different path then you thought.

Such great romance! And such a outward change of character, for Sam, who to the majority of the world, was the head queen bee and b swear word. But to those who really knew her, like Carson, the nicer girl was there, she was suppressed by the bad girl that Cassie brought out in her.

I loved this book! It was freaking good, I loved it, and I can't wait to read my next Jennifer L. Armentrout book!!!

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Read: April 23rd, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing, and it's a WoW Book and a SAC 2014 Book!
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Published: April 15th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!