Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Emergency Review-a-Thon #2

Rules:

  • For every review you want to write, you get half a day to write it or an hour for each review (for example with a goal of 3 reviews, you'd have a day and a half to write those reviews or 3 hours)
  • If you write more reviews then your goal in the time frame, then you get a reward that you picked out beforehand (continuing previous example, if you wrote 7 reviews in the day and a half or 3 hours) but you have to write at least 1 more review then your goal, preferably more
  • If you meet your goal, give yourself a pat on the back!
  • If you don't meet your goal, well, next time you go to buy a book, don't because you didn't meet your goal, so if you can't write the current reviews that you need, why would you add another book to read that you'd need to review?
  • Don't underestimate how many reviews you'd like to write, just to get the reward. If it turns out that you did, but you realize this before your time is up, then it'll be like your goal was however many reviews you'd written, in original time frame, and then any reviews written afterwards can count as over the goal reviews that qualify for the reward
  • The reason why there can be either half a day for each review, or an hour, is because some days you're really busy, like weekdays, but some days you have loads of free time on your plate, so you only need an hour, and this'll help from underestimating reviews

So yeah, I've been falling behind in reviews, bad me! So now I need to catch up!  

Goals: so I want to review Week 26-29, what books I've read that make it in Week 29, plus previous reviews that I haven't written that I reread in that time frame. Which gets me 20 reviews, for starters. So at 7, I'll start a 5 hour time frame, and then tomorrow, a 10 day time frame! For my reward, if I get both parts of my goals, then I'll buy at least half of my Amazon cart (since my parents are annoyed that I'm buying so many books.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!