Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week 5 Review: Lord of Legends

From Goodreads:
He is Arion, King of the Unicorns. Powerful, seductive, he could possess any female he desired—until now. He is condemned to live as a man, and it is only the enchanting Lady Mariah Donnington's innocence that can release him from his curse.

Abandoned on her wedding night, frightened of her hidden, otherworldly heritage, Mariah is instinctively drawn to the mysterious stranger she discovers imprisoned on her husband's estate. But as the secret of Arion's magical identity unfolds, their friendship burns into a passion that cannot, must not, be consummated. For to do so would destroy them both.

My Review:
I enjoyed rereading this book a lot! I had forgotten most of it, besides that they went somewhere together for a bit of the book, and they ended up together. But this time, it was much richer, because I'd read The Forest Lord and Lord of the Beasts, because Nola has now been in 2 of them. And apparently is in 4, since she's the female star of Lord of Sin!

So there was a lot of back and forth, on who was betraying who, and there was a lot of complicated schemes between Cairbre, Donnington, and unwillingly, but wanting to go home, Arion. So keeping that straight was a bit hard!

I wanted to shake St. John Ware. I mean, obviously, Pamela was using him. I thought that he was still just playing with her, but nope, he was a sucker, and thought that she actually loved him. Nope, she loved his brother!

The ending was very action packed! Between the action on both sides, well, yeah, Mariah has a lot to do! She rallied the unicorns, faked being insane, and took a bullet. And then convinced the unicorns to help their king one last time. And then that's just her side! There was just a lot going on, and it was just so good!

I really enjoyed rereading this book, it was really entertaining, now, hopefully to read Lord of Sin soon!

Author: Susan Krinard
Series: Fane #3
Read: January 30th, 2015
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love this series, rereading it, and it's a Historical Fiction 2015 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: HQN Books
Published: March 24th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!