Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week 5 Review: Fairest

From Goodreads:
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana's story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her "glamour" to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series

My Review:
This book, it was just so...it. I mean, it's a book about the main villain of the series, the big bad. And yeah, she's pretty evil in this one. Not evil in evil laugh, but she doesn't care about other's emotions too much, she was callous, and she had thoughts like her parent's blood would be a good make up thing. And this blood had been shed while they were dying. They had just died. Yeah.

We find out why she keeps her face covered-because she's been told her whole life she was ugly. And then when she was young, her sister used her lunar abilities on her to burn half her face, and her arm up to her side. Which is a pretty good reason to hide!

So in this book, Selena, who will become Cinder, was burned to death, and she had a heart-beat, but that the doctor wasn't able to save her. I forget, but I thought that her death had something with only having her foot and arm being all that was about to get DNA out of her body. And a fire, I thought that would leave more, especially if the doctor could get a heartbeat? Or am I confusing things and situations and timing?

The whole thing with her husband? That she thought that he was in love with her? And obsessed over that? And the whole situation there? And that after 10 years of marriage, because she wanted to be the Fairest queen, she arranges to have him killed? Yeah, but at least she kills the guy who killed Evret instead of marrying him like she told him. That kind of trickery is why she's the Queen!

Favourite lines: "Resources. You're telling me that we cannot continue to grow our economy because we are living on a rock." This just drips sarcasm! Love! She's so evil!

This was a really fantastic book, and I just really want to read Winter! But I know I have to reread the whole series first! Though I don't think I'll need to reread this...

Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3.5
Read: January 28th, 2015
Source: Bought
Reason Why: I love this series, and it's a 2015 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Published: January 27th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Whoot! I'm starting this right now and I cannot wait! I just reread Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress and I CANNOT wait until Winter comes out! (: Love your review!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!