Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week 5 Review: Wild

From Goodreads:
The forest is full of secrets, and no one understands that better than Cade. Foraging, hunting, surviving— that's all he knows. Alone for years, Cade believes he's the sole survivor. At least, until he catches a glimpse of a beautiful stranger…

Dara expected to find natural wonders when she set off for a spring break camping trip. Instead, she discovers a primitive boy— he's stealthy and handsome and he might be following her. Intrigued, Dara seeks him out and sets a catastrophe in motion.

Thrust back into society, Cade struggles with the realization that the life he knew was a lie. But he's not the only one. Trying to explain life in a normal town leaves Dara questioning it.

As the media swarm and the police close in, Dara and Cade risk everything to get closer. But will the truth about Cade's past tear them apart?

A YA Tarzan retelling.

My Review:
I knew how long this book was. There was 311 pages on my nook. But when I was reading it, it just seemed like there was so much more! I mean, part of that was how small the font was, but still! This was such a great book!

I really enjoyed the beginning, where Cade was in his element, and Dara and Josh were on their camping getaway. And the dynamics there were just really interesting! And in real contrast with
 the rest of the book, when Cade is out in our world.

So Cade was really interesting! He's been raised in the woods by his parents, and they've since died, leaving him on his own since he was around 13 years old. But they taught him survival, and incorrectly, as of yet, that the world had pretty much ended because of a disease or something similar.

Between everyone wanting to know the truth about Cade, well, yeah, he was pretty interesting! But he wasn't raised by wolves, he wasn't the missing link, and yeah, he knows how to read. But yeah, I really enjoyed how they figured out how to stop the media attention!

I really enjoyed this book, it was really quite good! Can't wait to read another Alex Mallory book!

Author: Alex Mallory
Read: January 30th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a 2015 Retelling Reading Challenge Book and a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: July 8th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I love the story of Tarzan, and this sounds like it's well written! Thanks for sharing :-)
    Esty @ Boarding with Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen the Disney movie, but this story is kinda like if Jane had brought Tarzan to England. Only, different times and places, and no raising from animals! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!