Saturday, March 4, 2017

Week 9 Review: The Bone Witch

From Goodreads:
In the captivating start to a new, darkly lyrical fantasy series for readers of Leigh Bardugo and Sabaa Tahir, Tea can raise the dead, but resurrection comes at a price...

Let me be clear: I never intended to raise my brother from his grave, though he may claim otherwise. If there's anything I've learned from him in the years since, it's that the dead hide truths as well as the living.

When Tea accidentally resurrects her brother from the dead, she learns she is different from the other witches in her family. Her gift for necromancy means that she's a bone witch, a title that makes her feared and ostracized by her community. But Tea finds solace and guidance with an older, wiser bone witch, who takes Tea and her brother to another land for training.

In her new home, Tea puts all her energy into becoming an asha-one who can wield elemental magic. But dark forces are approaching quickly, and in the face of danger, Tea will have to overcome her obstacles...and make a powerful choice. 

My Review:
I just absolutely loved reading this book! It was utterly fantastic, and I loved the writing, and the world, just oh! It was an amazing book, and that the second book doesn't have a placeholder (unless it's The Heart Forger!), that I have no idea when it's going to come out, it's just evil!

This book takes place over the course of over 2 years. Most of that is the process of becoming Asha. Because she's so powerful-and because she's a Dark Asha, her training is accelerated after incidents happen. And yeah, the training was really interesting-but this wasn't a fast paced novel!

I think the parts that I really enjoyed the bits between the chapters. They were dark, and in the future, and they hinted at what was to come in both the majority of the novel, how she ended up like she did, and what she was going to do! Well, it showed what she was doing and explained what she was going to do! It was really fantastic and interesting, and worked so well with the rest of the book!

There were a lot of moving pieces. From the political unrest because of the Faceless, the fear and hatred of Asha, the cost of being a Dark Asha, becoming an Asha, and the guys she tells us she fell in love with...yeah. So much, and made this book have so much depth and it was just so fantastic!

Loved reading this book, it was absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait for the sequel!

Author: Rin Chupeco
Series: The Bone Witch #1
Read: February 26th, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Expected Publication: March 7th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!