Saturday, February 9, 2019

Week 6 Review: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

From Goodreads:
Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown's gates, you can never leave.

One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself.

My first review of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
My Review:
Oh, yeah, I loved reading this book again! I loved reading it the first time, it was dark and twisted and amazing! The world is so interesting, and I loved reading about Tana and her adventures after vampires kill basically everyone at a party she's at. Such a great story!

The way vampires are in this book is unique. I loved the idea of going Cold-when you're infected, and that you could sweat it out, or you could drink human blood and become a vampire, or you could drink vampire blood and reset the infection. It's so fascinating and dark!

Tana's mom became Cold, and while Tana didn't get Cold when her mom tore at her arm, that was definitely a traumatic event. So with all that's happening now after the party, it's bringing back memories. But Tana is smart, and she's strong. I loved reading about her!

It's been about 5 years since I first read this book. So I didn't remember the big twist in the end. When it came around, yeah, it was shocking but it made sense, and it was just so awesome! And the ending came, and it's a bit bleak, but it's hopeful, as well!

Loved this book, it's so fantastic, and I would love to be a part of this world again!

Author: Holly Black
First Read: March 13th, 2014
Read: February 2nd, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a SAC 2019 Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: September 3rd 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!