Saturday, February 16, 2019

Week 7 Review: Ruins of the Empire, Part 1

From Goodreads:
Korra must decide who to trust as the fate of the Earth Kingdom hangs in the balance!

On the eve of its first elections, the Earth Kingdom finds its future endangered by its past. Even as Kuvira stands trial for her crimes, vestiges of her imperial ambitions threaten to undermine the nation's democratic hopes. But when Korra, Asami, Mako, and Bolin don't all see eye-to-eye as to the solution, drastic measures will be taken to halt a new march to war!

Written by series co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino and drawn by Michelle Wong (Goosebumps: Download and Die), with consultation by Bryan Konietzko, this is the official continuation of the beloved television series! 

My Review:
Yes, I loved reading this! I loved spending more time in this wolf of the Avatars! And because I found this one, I found out about the first one, Turf Wars, which I'm going to have to read! I just love Korra and the gang!

So the Earth Nation is becoming a democracy, which is a pretty big deal. Since not everybody wants it, they want to remain a monarchy. And it's a rocky process, since some of Kuvira's forces didn't stand down. And that some people don't seem to realize that this is a time for change, not new paint on the same old walls.

We got to see Kuvira be put on trial, and be in her head. I honestly forgot about her, since it's been so long since I've watched the show. But her actions in the show are pretty important to what's going on in this collection of stories. So I really enjoyed being in her head!

I knew going in that this was only part 1. And so the cliffhanger, evil ending, yeah, I wasn't surprised that it was there. The specifics, I kinda guessed once the bad guy made his move. It's going to be interesting to see how Team Avatar fights back against this threat!

Such a fantastic story, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Michael Dante DiMartino, Illustrated by Michelle Wong and Vivian Ng
Series: The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire #1
Read: February 10th, 2019
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Loved the show so much, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Dark Horse
Expected Publication: May 21st 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!