Saturday, February 16, 2019

Week 7 Review: Dark Queen

From Goodreads:
Jane Yellowrock used to hunt vampires, but now she must fight--and win--beside them.

As Enforcer to the vampire Master of the City of New Orleans, Jane Yellowrock stakes her reputation and her life on keeping her territory safe. But Leo has been issued a blood challenge by the emperor of the European vampires, who seeks to usurp all of his power and possessions. If Leo loses the match to the death, the city will be forfeit, and the people of New Orleans will suffer the consequences. Jane can't let that happen.

Preparing for the duel requires all of Jane's focus, but with so much supernatural power in play, nothing goes according to plan. She has to rely on herself and the very few people she knows she can trust to stand and fight. Only two things are guaranteed: nothing is sacred, and no one is safe.

My first review of Dark Queen
My Review:
Yeah, I really enjoyed reading this book again! I remembered most of the big bits, like her brother and the ending of the book, and some smaller things like the front that the Louisiana vamps put on. I did forget things like the formation of Clan Yellowrock, so it was great to read this book again!

Jane has been through a lot though the course of this series. She's developed more friendships, fell in love twice, put down roots. It's something that she reflects on a few times in this book. Which makes sense, there's been a lot of build up to this fight, and not everybody makes it out alive, so the reflection made sense.

This book is part politics, part mystery, and part fights. Of the machinations of Leo to consolidate his power base. To finding out about the lemon scented vampires. And of course, the big gathering and face off. It came together really well!

We recently go the synopsis of Shattered Bonds, and it looks like the healing with her knocked out child bone DNA is going to be bigger than I though. I thought it would be dealt with pretty quickly. Apparently not, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen!

This book was amazing, I loved reading it, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Faith Hunter
Series: Jane Yellowrock #12
First Read: April 3rd, 2018
Read: February 10th, 2019
Source: NetGalley, Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Ace Books
Published: May 1st 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!