Saturday, May 4, 2019

Week 18 Reviews: The Fixer, The Long Game


From Goodreads:
This thriller YA is Scandal meets Veronica Mars.

Sixteen-year-old Tess Kendrick has spent her entire life on her grandfather's ranch. But when her estranged sister Ivy uproots her to D.C., Tess is thrown into a world that revolves around politics and power. She also starts at Hardwicke Academy, the D.C. school for the children of the rich and powerful, where she unwittingly becomes a fixer for the high school set, fixing teens' problems the way her sister fixes their parents' problems.

And when a conspiracy surfaces that involves the family member of one of Tess's classmates, love triangles and unbelievable family secrets come to light and life gets even more interesting—and complicated—for Tess.

Perfect for fans of Pretty Little Liars and Heist Society, readers will be clamoring for this compelling teen drama with a political twist.

From Goodreads:
Tess Kendrick, teen fixer extraordinaire, returns in a pulse-pounding thriller about a deadly conspiracy at the heart of Washington.

For Tess Kendrick, a junior at the elite Hardwicke School in Washington D.C., fixing runs in the family. But Tess has another legacy, too, one that involves power and the making of political dynasties. When Tess is asked to run a classmate's campaign for student council, she agrees. But when the candidates are children of politicians, even a high school election can involve life-shattering secrets.

Meanwhile, Tess's guardian has also taken on an impossible case, as a terrorist attack calls into doubt who can--and cannot--be trusted on Capitol Hill. Tess knows better than most that power is currency in D.C., but she's about to discover first-hand that power always comes with a price.

Perfect for fans of Harlan Coben and Ally Carter, the second book in this thrilling series will leave readers breathless.

My first review of The Fixer, The Long Game
My Review:
I loved reading these books so much! They're just so great and addicting! And while I wish that we got more-what with the dangling plot line of the bad guy she vowed to defeat at the end of The Long Game, I'm so glad that we got the books that we did!

It's been a while since I first read these books, and I did read them about half a year apart. So it was really great to read them again, and together, because the plot of the first book is a pretty important drive for the events in the second!

I did remember a few things, like Tess's parentage, but there was so much going on in these books that kept happening, that I couldn't have remembered it all. Like who were all of the people behind the conspiracy.

I have a few questions about the group who are the bad guys in the 2nd book, and what happened. Like, what do they really want? And the whole situation with Daniela, I just don't get why it turned out like that, why anybody, the government, her dad, would let it happen, just let her go like that. Yeah.

Oh, and I have on question. What was the fix that Ivy refused to do for William that caused their split? Was it said right out, was it implied, or do we not know? I have no idea, and I want to know, because that split is kinda important, though not so much with Tess's deal with William. I still want to know!

These were such great reads, I loved them so much, and I can't wait to read more from Jennifer Lynn Barnes!

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Series: The Fixer #1, 2
First Read: February 16th, 2016, June 16th, 2016
Read: April 29th, 29th, 2019
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Books! And The Long Game is a End of Series 2019 Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Published: July 7th 2015, June 7th 2016

The Fixer:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Long Game:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!