Monday, September 25, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #642, September 25th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #641
Teaser Tuesday #649
WWW Wednesday #649
WOW #645
Will the Time Come #642
Third Sentence Thursday #632
Random Reads #618
First Lines Friday #645
Book Blogger Hop #311
Monthly ARC's Update 50
The Reward Challenge Update #627
Wheel of TBR #174
How Well I Stuck to It #479
Wrote that Review Update #476

Week 38 Reviews:
The Heiress

Magical Readathon: Orilium: 

SeasonAthon Academy: 

Pick-Pong-A-Thon: 

Becca's Spookoplathon: 
Update 15

OK, so I got 44 posts in 7 days, and yeah, this was a week. I hustled, because I have a lot of books that I want and need to fit in before the end of the month, and I'm a bit tuckered by that. And Dobby hasn't been doing well. 

The day that he had his annual vet check up in July, I noticed when I took him out that his pee was red, which turned out to be blood. At that appointment, she booked his 6th cancer surgery for 2 weeks later. She also tested his blood, and prescribed some meds, and that if he still had whatever was causing it, then the surgery would have to be postponed. 

Day of the surgery, pee was tested and was fine, so he had the surgery. But he was still peeing blood, and I thought maybe it was a side effect of his post surgery meds. But a month later, late August, he was still peeing blood. So he was given a different kind of med then last time. Still peeing blood. Then 2 weeks ago, a new type of med. Still. And at this point, an infection is probably ruled out, so it's most likely crystals in his urine. And his attitude is normal, but his behaviours, he's drinking more water. And he's an old man at 15 1/2. 

So last Thursday, he got a sample drawn, and it's going in for testing, that we won't get back until sometime this week. I had them Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Saturday night, he wakes up to go pee multiple times in the night, wanting to go out right after coming in, even though he was getting into position to pee, he wasn't really going. So that was not a good night, with little sleep and little patience and fear about how much longer we're going to have him with us. 

Because besides this problem, there's the cancer. It doesn't spread, but it's aggressive, which is why he's had 4 surgeries in the fall for the last 4 years. But there's already a lump in the area again, a month after this past one. Previously it took until December/January for it to come back, so this is not a good sign. he's my first dog, he's my old man, we got him just before my 14th birthday, I've had him in my life longer then I haven't. Losing him is going to be devastating, and I'm crying now just thinking of it. He's my silly weirdo butt who sometimes frustrates me, but he's the one that gives me all the kisses and cuddles. 

So yeah, also dealing with all those emotions this week. Hopefully we find out specifical what's causing this, and how to treat it and he gets better. What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read Aftermarket Aftermath!

Seanan McGuire's New York Times -bestselling and Hugo Award-nominated urban fantasy InCryptid series continues with the thirteenth book following the Price family, cryptozoologists who study and protect the creatures living in secret all around us

Mary Dunlavy didn't intend to become a professional babysitter. Of course, she didn't intend to die, either, or to become a crossroads ghost. As a babysitting ghost, she's been caring for the Price family for four generations, and she's planning to keep doing the job for the better part of forever.

With her first charge finally back from her decades-long cross-dimensional field trip, with a long-lost husband and adopted daughter in tow, it's time for Mary to oversee the world's most chaotic family reunion. And that's before the Covenant of St. George launches a full scale strike against the cryptids of Manhattan, followed quickly by an attack on the Campbell Family Carnival.

It's going to take every advantage and every ally they have for the Prices to survive what's coming—and for Mary, to avoid finding out the answer to a question she's never wanted to where does a babysitting ghost go when she runs out of people to take care of?

6 comments:

  1. I so want to read that Seanan McGuire series. Hopefully next year I can make a decent dent in it. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the series, it's so enjoyable! I hope when you pick it up you like it! Thanks for stopping by! happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I've never read anything by Seanan McGuire even though I have a few on my Kindle. She's an author I keep meaning to read but pass over when it is time to look for something to read. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are so entertaining to me, my favourite is the October Daye series, but I love the Incryptid series as well! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I hope Doggy gets better, love the name!! Wow! Your reading is amazing!!

    https://ustmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2023/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got behind on comments, but we got the results back-he has e coli in his bladder, and is starting meds to specifically target it today, so hopefully he's better soon! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!