Friday, April 19, 2024

Book Blogger Hop #341, April 19th

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: Do you think contemporary book covers lack originality? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

I wasn't sure if contemporary meant the genre or a newer publication date, but it looks like it's the later. And my answer is no, not really. I read a wide variety of genres, which have different cover conventions, so I see a lot of different covers, and I can tell most of them apart. Plus, at this point, there's no original ideas, just different takes, because it's all been done before. What about you guys? Happy reading! 

2 comments:

  1. Very good point. That's what my husband said too--about there really being no original ideas anymore when we were discussing this question last night. Like you, I read a variety of different types of books and I do think there are differences from genre to genre, but many within those genres are very similar. It's interesting to look through previous time periods and see the different patterns in book covers. There has always been trends in cover art that come and go. I hope you have a good weekend, Louisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I took it to mean as in the genre. I try to read a range of books, but as for contemporary as a genre I don't seem to have read that many!

    I agree that it is just different takes on things rather than an original idea.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/04/19/book-blogger-hop-do-you-think-contemporary-book-covers-lack-originality/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!