Saturday, April 20, 2024

Week 16 Review: The Succubus's Prize

From Goodreads:
Belladonna doesn't know if a person can die from guilt, but she's giving it her best shot. All her life, she's done what she needed to in order to survive, but in recent years, the cost only seems to skyrocket…until someone innocent gets hurt. That's why she made her deal with the demon. To right the wrong she committed.

But when she's auctioned off to Rusalka, a powerful and devious succubus, it's nothing like she expected. She's…taken care of. And if she's put to work and expected to fulfill every part of her bargain, Belladonna is only too happy to let someone else shoulder the responsibility and make decisions for her.

Too bad Rusalka isn't in the market for a servant. She wants a full partner. If Belladonna can't release her guilt and step into that role… Things may be over even before they begin.

My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book! I love her writing and I love this series, and this book about religious trauma that Belladonna has to heal from, I couldn't put it down! I had to continue on with these two's story!  

I feel so infuriated on Belladonna's behalf. She's been treated so poorly, by a religious cult that she grew up in, that told her that she was a sinful creature, and everything that she wanted was bad. But she gets here, and has time and space and understanding to heal from all of that. 

I'm not sure, since my memory isn't great, but it feels like this is the earliest in timeline where the human has been offered to be able to stay in this realm, that other books months have passed. Here, it was within 2 weeks, but a lot more happened in that time, between Belladonna's shame about sex and pleasure, and what Rusalka and her people are.

I had such a great time watching these two, as Belladonna was finding her place in this realm, as they were spending this time together, getting to know each other, it was just incredible and I loved the relationship that they developed! 

Loved this book, and I'm excited for I think the final book in the series, unless non-leaders and a new group of humans making bargains come along! 

Author: Katee Robert 
Series: A Deal With a Demon #4
Read: April 17th, 2024 
Source: Ebook.bike  
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Trinkets & Tales LLC
Published: April 17th 2024
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!