Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week 23 Review: Circle of Silence

From Goodreads:
THE BIGGEST STORY OF MY LIFE COULD BE HOW IT ENDS

It's my turn to run a Campus News crew, and I've put together a team that can break stories wide open. And Washington Irving High has a truly great one to cover, if only we can find a lead.

A secret society has formed in our school. It announced its presence with pranks: underwear on the flag pole, a toilet in the hallway, cryptic notes. A circle of silence keeps the society a mystery. No one knows its members, agenda, or initiation secrets—until a student lands in the hospital under strange circumstances.

I will blow this story wide open and stop others from being hurt…or worse. And while my ex, Jagger, might want to help, I don’t trust him yet. (And, no, not because of our past together. That is not important to this story.)

But whether you find me, Valerie Gaines, reporting in front of the camera, or a victim in the top story of the newscast…be sure to watch Campus News at 9:00 a.m. this Friday morning.

My Review:
So this book stars Valerie, and she goes to the same school, which is why it's called the WiHi series! And yeah, I really enjoyed getting to know Valerie, and how things are going on in this world! It was really great, and I was really lucky enough to get an eARC from NetGalley!

So Valerie, she'll pretty much do anything for a story, including making stupid decisions that could cause her or someone else hurt. But she knows what she wants, and she goes for it! Which is pretty much admirable!

The relationship between her and Jagger was just awesome! They have a not-so-good past, but then this brings them closer together, and gives them the opportunity to work though some things, which was great!

I loved the mystery! It was really interesting, as the pieces were collected, as to who was a part of the Circle of Silence, as things got worse and worse, and obstacles were placed in Valerie's path, it was just great! Loved how it wrapped up!

Such a great book, one I enjoyed a lot, and yeah, I'd love to read more!

Author: Carol M. Tanzman
Series: WiHi #2
Read: June 6th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Really enjoyed book 1, and it's a Sophomore Challenge book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Expected Publication: July 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!