Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week 23 Review: Trapped

From Goodreads:
The day the blizzard started, no one knew that it was going to keep snowing for a week. That for those in its path, it would become not just a matter of keeping warm, but of staying alive. . . 

Scotty and his friends Pete and Jason are among the last seven kids at their high school waiting to get picked up that day, and they soon realize that no one is coming for them. Still, it doesn't seem so bad to spend the night at school, especially when distractingly hot Krista and Julie are sleeping just down the hall. But then the power goes out, then the heat. The pipes freeze, and the roof shudders. As the days add up, the snow piles higher, and the empty halls grow colder and darker, the mounting pressure forces a devastating decision. . . 

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! I enjoyed it a lot, it was short, and creepy, and awesome! I do have one complaint, which I'll get to later, but other then that, I really enjoyed this book, and it had that ending that just, oh!

The idea of being trapped at school-high school-is vaguely terrifying to me. I've just graduated, and I basically never want to step foot there unless I really have to. So having that happen-and because of such bad conditions,  means bad things for these characters!

And it wouldn't be a good book without conflict, so their situation kept getting worse, and worse, and as a human being, I just had to watch as that happened, and yeah, since it is a fiction book, I could enjoy what was happening!

Yeah, my one compliant is, that we didn't get to find out the fates of those family members that they were worried about. Which sucks! It would've been great if we got that, because it just would've felt complete to me, you know?

I enjoyed this book a lot, it was a great and entertaining book!

Author: Michael Northrop
Read: June 6th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded great, and it's a JFF book!
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Published: January 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!