Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week 23 Review: Monster High

From Goodreads:
They prefer to call themselves RAD (Regular Attribute Dodgers), but some call them monsters. So far, the "monster" community has kept a low profile in Salem, but this year two new girls enroll at Master High School, and the town will never be the same.

Created just fifteen days ago, Frankie Stein is psyched to trade her father's formaldehyde-smelling basement lab for parties and cheerleading. But with a student body totally freaked out by rumors of monsters who might be stalking the halls, Frankie finds that life in the "normi" world can be rough for a chic freak like her.

She thinks she finds a friend in fellow new student Melody Carver--but can a normi be trusted with her big secret?

My Review:
Just the idea of the kids and relatives of the most common monster stories-Frankenstein's Monster, werewolves, vampires, mummies, and others, are around, and going to school, is awesome! And it played out really well!

I enjoyed the various POV's, from Frankie, to Melody, and how they're both the new kids at school, and yeah, that was really awesome! This book was just really funny and great, and while it was short, there were a lot of things packed into it!

It's kinda sad that humans are just not very accepting. It's not a great quality that we have, to accept changes, and change, because it comes whether we want it or not, so why don't we just get used to it? Well, if we do, it's a little late for this book!

I really need to find the sequel! Because that ending, well, it just shows that I need to have more, now! That is one big problem that they're going to have to deal with in the next book, and I can't wait to see how they're going to do that!

Such a great, funny book, and I want more!

Author: Lisi Harrison
Series: Monster High #1
Read: June 7th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really good!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: September 1st 2010
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!