Saturday, May 18, 2013

Week 20 Review: Dead Ever After

From Goodreads:
There are secrets in the town of Bon Temps, ones that threaten those closest to Sookie—and could destroy her heart...

Sookie Stackhouse finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte’s. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance…and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated.

Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.

But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she’ll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough...

My Review:
OK, I know I'm in the minority with this (from the rating on Goodreads) but I enjoyed this book! I thought it was a pretty good ending, where most of the characters got happen endings, and yeah, I'm happy where Sookie ended up!

So the whole murder thing, and then those that were behind it? That was a pretty big part of the book. And yeah, it was pretty interesting, that Sookie was framed, but yeah, when it ended, yeah, that those 3 guys would gang together, well, Sookie won out in the end!

There's also the relationship entanglements in this book, and I think all of her guys-and possible guys-are there, and on the cover, too. Bill, Eric, Quinn, Alcide, and Sam. And what with the way that Eric was acting-and the way that Deadlocked ended, well, is it any wonder that she ended up with Sam?

I really thought that this was a pretty great ending to the series, giving some happy endings to a great selection of characters (though it's weird with the TV show, and where Arlene ended up here vs. there!) And I enjoyed that a lot!

I may be in the minority, especially since I enjoy most books, but yeah, I enjoyed this book, it was pretty great ending to a series that I enjoyed!

Author: Charlaine Harris
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #13
Read: May 13th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book, End of Series 2013 Book and a Reward Challenge Book!
Publisher: Ace
Published: May 7th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!