Saturday, May 25, 2013

Week 21 Review: The Princess Diaries

From Goodreads:
She's just a New York City girl living with her artist mom...

News Flash: Dad is prince of Genovia. (So that's why a limo meets her at the airport!)

Downer: Dad can't have any more kids. (So no heir to the throne.)

Shock of the Century: Like it or not, Mia Thermopolis is prime princess material.

Mia must take princess lessons from her dreaded grandmére, the dowager princess of Genovia, who thinks Mia has a thing or two to learn before she steps up to the throne.

Well, her father can lecture her until he's royal-blue in the face about her princessly duty--no way is she moving to Genovia and leaving Manhattan behind. But what's a girl to do when her name is Princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo?

My Review:
This book! So good! And I read it on my birthday, which makes it extra special! Which just adds to the special that was already there because this was the Meg Cabot book that I first read, and got me addicted to her writing!

Ah, Mia and finding out she's a princess, with the hiccuping! And running off afterwards, because yeah, it's a pretty big thing to find out, that you're a princess and all! Mia deals with it pretty well, what with the diary being an outlet for those things!

Her friendship with Tina, over them both needing bodyguards! (I'm so sad that they cut Tina out of the movie!) And I wish that Lars was as funny as Joe was in the movie, but oh, well! And then the rest of her friends!

Dealing with Grandmere, getting the princess lessons! those were just kinda hilarious, what with Grandmere being who she is, and her eyebrows, and Rommel! Some of the things that she learned is helpful, but some of it was just weird!

This is such a great book, and such a great kick off to the series! I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Meg Cabot
Series: The Princess Diaries #1
Read: May 24th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: I felt like rereading my favourite authors!
Publisher:  Harper Teen
Published: September 19th 2000
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!