Saturday, October 20, 2018

Week 42 Review: Puddin'

From Goodreads:
It is a companion novel to Dumplin', which follows supporting characters from the first book in the months after Willowdean's star turn in the Clover City pageant. 

Millie Michalchuk has gone to fat camp every year since she was a girl. Not this year. This year she has new plans to chase her secret dream—and to kiss her crush. Callie Reyes is the pretty girl who is next in line for dance team captain and has the popular boyfriend. But when it comes to other girls, she's more frenemy than friend. When circumstances bring the girls together over the course of a semester, they will surprise everyone (especially themselves) by realizing they might have more in common than they ever imagined. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book. It's been so long since I read Dumplin' so I don't really remember these characters because they weren't the focus then, but it was really great getting to know them in this book! And we got to see old favorites again in this book, as well!

So this book is a bit different in that we get the POV of both Millie and Callie. So that was really fantastic, because of how their stories intertwine. I really enjoyed watching these two form a friendship because life through them together!

Millie wants to be an on screen reporter. But being overweight, she doesn't fit the mold. Part of her relationship with her mom is about their weights, and her mom wants her to go to fat camp again-but there's a journalism opportunity that Millie wants instead. Loved watching that play out!

Callie made a very rash decision, and then kept making some low to middle level bad decisions after that. She has to give back to her community, and work for Millie's aunt and uncle. I really enjoyed her journey, figuring out who she is now that she's not on the dance team anymore.

Loved this book, I enjoyed it so much, and I wouldn't mind having more in this series!

Author: Julie Murphy
Series: Dumplin' #2
Read: October 16th, 2018
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Really enjoyed the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: May 8th 2018
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!