Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Years!!! 2019 Version

Well, another year is in the books! It was a pretty good year, I enjoyed it, got a good deal done, and read a lot. It ended on a uneasy note because Winky is sick and while we've been giving her medicine, she just became worse in these last few days, so that's worrisome, but I have hope she'll get better soon. Anyways, here's some of my goals, which aren't too different from previous years, because they are ones that I want to stay consistent with!

1. Like the past 6 years, just read. I just love reading, so any book that I want to read, I will try to, even if it takes years to get around to it! I read over 800 books for 2 of the last years, and then about 500 in the other two, and 700 than 600, and then almost 600 this year. A bit more than last year, maybe, which is good! So my goal for this year is again 400! Though officially for Goodreads, it's 365 again!

2. Blog regularly. Reviews will be a subset. I mean posts, having them up on time, in finished form, not the form of the meme, without the actual content of the day. Finished on a pretty good note with this, I did fall behind sometimes, but I'm pretty caught up right now regarding meme posts!

2. A. Reviews. My goal is still for them to just stay current, trying to write the review of the book, the day that I finish the book. That way, my thoughts are nice and new, and I don't have to struggle to remember some character, or some important part of the plot, or funny little details! I did fall behind, at least twice with this, and am currently behind. I wanted to finish off the reviews before 2018 ended, but oh, well. I guess I'll finish them this year!

3. Take care of my health. This has a few prongs, from losing weight, which I know is a pretty staple new years resolution, but I've never made it before, and I started my journey in September and have been working steadily on it since then, so I'm doing pretty well with it and have hope that I'll continue it! It means eating pretty healthy, it means exercising, it means drinking lots of water, and it means sleeping a good number of hours. It also means taking care of my skin, which is something relatively new to me.

I learned a lot about myself this year, like there's only so much that I can handle before things fall to the wayside. I don't know how much I can handle, exactly, or what the balance is yet, but I know this about myself now. I also learned that I'm stronger than I thought, both will power and physical strength, and I can build both. I also learned some of my limits, too. So I'll apply that knowledge to this new year.

What are your guys' goals for 2019? Hope you make them, and made last years! Here's to a great new year! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!