Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Best Books Read in 2018

I read about roughly the same amount of books that I read last year, maybe a bit more, I'm not quite sure since Goodreads counts both short stories and novels but only has one number so I could've read more in either year.

I read books from January to December, and of those, were the ones that I absolutely loved, be it writing, thinking about it after, or the emotions it evoked, like "I hate that villain, they're so bad! HATEHATEHATE!!!! Yep.

So here's those books in alphabetical order so there's no strangeness among them!

So first off is Paw Enforcement series by Diane Kelly, Paw and Order, Upholding the Paw, Laying Down the Paw, Against the PawAbove the Paw, Love Unleashed, and Enforcing the Paw! I really enjoyed reading more of this series! I just love the concept of a canine and human pair enforcing the law, it's just so interesting and hilarious!






Next is the Southern Reach series by Jeff VanderMeer, Annihilation, Authority, and Acceptance! This series was strange and weird and I enjoyed it immensely! I don't know quite what was going on, but it was great to read!


Next is the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, AcheronStyxx, and Stygian! I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's writing so much, it's so fantastic, and I loved getting Urian's book! There's just so much to love about them! Such a great series that I need more of!


Next is the series by Diana Peterfreund, Among the Nameless Stars, For Darkness Shows the Stars, The First Star to Fall, and Across a Star-Swept Sea! Loved reading this whole series, they're great dystopian retellings of classic books, and I loved the plots and characters so much! 



Next is Aftermath by Kelley Armstrong! This book was another great story from Kelley Armstrong, and it sucks that it won't get the hype that it deserves given it's subject matter of school shootings. It was such a great read, I loved the mystery!
Next is the Katherine "Kitty" Katt series by Gini Koch, Touched by an Alien, Alien Tango, Alien in the Family, Alien Proliferation, Universal Alien, and Aliens Abroad! This series just continues to be amazing, I loved having more of this series, as well as going back and starting again with the craziness! These books are just so crazy and hilarious to read!





Next is the Debutante Files series by Sophie Jordan, A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin, An Heiress for All Seasons, and All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue! This was an amazing character driven historical series, and I enjoyed it a lot! So many hilarious moments of conflict!


Next is Always by Lynsay Sands! Yeah, an amazing, hilarious story, of course it is, it's by Lynsay Sands! Loved it! Everything about it made it great!
Next is the Bedwyn Saga by Mary Balogh, Slightly Married, Slightly Wicked, Slightly Scandalous, Slightly Tempted, Slightly Sinful, Slightly Dangerous, and Another Dream! Loved reading this series, I've been meaning to for a while, and it was freaking amazing! I loved all the siblings and their stories! It's such a great series of family and love!







Next is the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Daimon, Half-Blood, Pure, Deity, ElixirApollon, One and Only, and Sentinel! I had to read this series again with the ending of the Titan series this year! It's just so fantastic, it's an old friend! The characters, the world, the writing, everything is on point in this series!







Next is Archangel's Prophecy by Nalini Singh! Man, this book was a sucker punch of emotions! Loved reading it so much, and I need Archangel's War! It added so much to the world, and I can't wait to see what changes are going to be wrought!
Next is the Great Library series by Rachel Caine, Ink and Bone, Paper and FireAsh and Quill, and Smoke and Iron! This series was absolutely fantastic and original and amazing, I loved it and I can't wait for the final book! The characters and their bonds, the world, the writing, it all came together so well in this series!



Next is the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas, The Assassin and the Pirate LordThe Assassin and the HealerThe Assassin and the DesertThe Assassin and the UnderworldThe Assassin and the EmpireThe Assassin's BladeThrone of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of FireQueen of Shadows, Empire of Storms, Tower of Dawn, and Kingdom of Ash! This series has been just amazing, and it's hard to believe it's now over! It went out on a high note, though, and I enjoyed every word! I can't list every single individual good thing about it, because that's everything, so I just have group it all together that it's all great!











Next is the Seraphina series by Rachel Hartman, The Audition, Seraphina, and Shadow Scale! Loved reading these books again, they're just delightful and enjoyable to the core! Seraphina is such an amazing character and I loved reading about her adventures!


Next is Awaken the Dark by Dianne Duvall!  Yeah, we got to see more of this amazing world, I loved this couple, and I can't wait for the next book, which apparently is going to be Seth's! I'm so excited!
Next is House of Comarré series by Kristen Painter, Forbidden Blood, Blood Rights, Flesh and BloodBad Blood, Out for Blood, and Last Blood! This world was just incredible, I loved reading about it, and the writing was amazing! Such an amazing series!





Next is The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson! Magnus Bane is a wonderful character, and I loved reading these stories about him!
Next is the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs, Déjà Dead, Death du JourDeadly Décisions, Fatal Voyage, Grave SecretsBare Bones, Monday Mourning, Cross Bones, Break No Bones, Bones to Ashes, Devil Bones, 206 Bones, Spider Bones, Flash and BonesBones Are Forever, Bones in Her Pocket, Bones of the LostSwamp Bones, Bones Never Lie, Bones on Ice, and Speaking in Bones! I enjoyed reading this whole series, it's just so amazing, the characters, the writing, the mysteries! I just love reading them!




















Next is the Edge series by Ilona Andrews, On the Edge, George and Jack in SchoolBayou MoonFate's Edge, and Steel's Edge! Its a wonder that I didn't read these books sooner, Ilona Andrews writing duo are such great authors! This series is so unique, I loved the world and the characters and the writing and the plots and just everything about these books! So amazing!



Next is the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward, Lover at LastThe King, The Shadows, and The Beast! More great installments in this series! I loved focusing on these couples from previous books, that they didn't have happily ever afters, but had to keep fighting for happiness!



Next is Beautiful Sinner by Sophie Jordan! This series has been so fantastic, and I loved this couple, they were amazing to read about! And such a hilarious read, of course!
Next is The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson! This book was epic, so many emotions, so much was happening! And such a great ending! Such a wonderful book!
Next is Before We Were Strangers by Brenda Novak! I loved reading this book, the mystery and the characters were on point, and so great to read!
Next is Belly Up by Eve Darrows! This book was an informative, and through that, hilarious, journey of teenage pregnancy! Loved reading it!
Next is Valkyrie series by Amanda Hocking, Between the Blade and the Heart and From the Earth to the Shadows! This series was such a great book, I loved the world, mythology, and characters! Just amazing and different!

Next is the Grant County series by Karin Slaughter, Faithless and Beyond Reach! Man, more great books in this series! The characters were fantastic and the mysteries were amazing. And the emotions kept hitting you! Especially the ending of Beyond Reach!

Next is the Mission series by Megan Erickson, Bite the Hand that Bleeds, Blood Guard, and Blood Veil! Loved reading these books so much! The world and the characters were just fantastic to read about!


Next is The Black Parade by Kyoto M! Wow, I just loved reading this book, it was unique and amazing, the characters and the world (already the keys of those words are wearing out) just so addicting to read! Must have more!
Next is Tremeraire series by Naomi Novik, His Majesty's Dragon, His Majesty's DragonThrone of Jade, Vici, Feast of FamineBlack Powder War, Empire of Ivory, Victory of Eagles, Tongues of Serpents, Crucible of Gold, Blood of Tyrants, and League of Dragons! This series was so amazing! I loved Tremeraire and these characters, such personalities! And the whole concept of dragons during Napoleon's attempt to take over Europe, yeah, so readable!










Next is the Black Witch Chronicles series by Laurie Forest, Wandfasted and The Black Witch! So great to read these! So many feels, great world, great writing, and I can't wait to read more!

Next is the Scorpius Syndrome series by Rebecca Zanetti, Storm GatheringBlaze Erupting, and Winter Igniting! This series is just so fantastic, and I enjoyed these characters together and the on-going plots! Such great reads!


Next is Blight by Alexandra Duncan! Such a wonderful and dark book! So much action and I loved every moment of it!
Next is the I Hunt Killers series by Barry Lyga, Down Time, Lucky Day, Career Day, Neutral DayBlood BoyI Hunt Killers, Game, and Blood of My Blood! This series is irreverent, and quirky! I love the mysteries and these characters so much!







Next is Blood Kiss by J.R. Ward! I loved seeing more of this world outside of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, this is adjacent, with the same familiar characters with a new group of characters as well! Loved their adventures!
Next is the All Souls Trilogy series by Deborah Harkness, A Discovery of Witches, A Discovery of WitchesShadow of Night, Shadow of NightThe Book of LifeThe Book of Life, and Time's Convert! This series took my by the throat and didn't let go! I will sing its praises always, there's just so many astonishingly amazing things about it! I need more! I will never have enough!



Next is Break Us by Jennifer Brown! Wow, another book that just took my expectations and smashed them! An amazing great, a great mystery, and a great conclusion to the series!
Next is the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, First Grave on the Right, For I Have Sinned, Second Grave on the Left, Third Grave Dead Ahead, Forth Grave Beneath My Feet, Fifth Grave Past the Light, Shimmer, Glow, Sixth Grave on the Edge, Seventh Grave and No Body, Eighth Grave After Dark, Brighter Than the Sun, The Dirt on the Ninth GraveThe Curse of Tenth Grave, A Very Charley Christmas, Eleventh Grave in Moonlight, The Trouble With the Twelfth Grave, and Summoned to the Thirteenth Grave! This series is hilarious, is wonderful, and un-put-down-able. Everything about it sparkles and entices and is so great to read!
















Next is the October Daye series by Seanan McGuire, The Fixed Stars, A Red-Rose Chain, Once Broken Faith, Dreams and SlumbersThe Brightest Fell, Of Things UnknownNight and Silence, and Suffer a Sea-Change! This series is such a great Fae series, and Toby and the gang are always incredible to read about! I can't wait for more!





Next is the Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter, TriptychFractured, Undone, Broken, Fallen, Snatched, Criminal, BustedUnseen, and The Kept Woman! Ah, the amazing mysteries of this series! And Will, Faith, and Sara are amazing characters! I enjoy this series so much!









Next is Broken Things by Lauren Oliver! An amazing mystery, wonderful characters, and a driving plot! This book was so spectacular to read!
Next is the Spill Zone series by Scott Westerfeld, Spill Zone, Spill Night, and The Broken Vow! This series was incredible, I loved branching out into a different medium, the world and the stories told in these were so great!


Next is Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs! Wow, this book changes the world, and I can't wait to see where things are going to go from here! And Charles and Anna are so great to read about, of course!
Next is the Hidden Legacy series by Ilona Andrews, Burn for MeWhite HotWildfire, and Diamond Fire! This series is utterly wonderful, I love everything about it, they're so great to read, and I'm so glad that we're getting more!



Next is Buzz Kill by Beth Fantaskey! This book was hilarious and awesome and the mystery was the best to read! And the characters were so hilarious interacting with each other! Loved it so much!
Next is Cadaver & Queen by Alisa Kwitney! Wow, this book was so fantastic, the world was just so easy to rage against, the characters and the mystery were captivating, and I can't wait to read more!
Next is the Sutherland Brothers series by Kresley Cole, The Captain of All Pleasures and The Price of All Pleasure! These books were sweet and saucy and hilarious! I loved the characters and the adventures that they went on! So great to read!

Next is Carry On by Rainbow Rowell! This book was hilarious, and a great parody! I don't know how I didn't read it sooner, it was just amazing! So glad that we're getting a sequel!
Next is the Chronicles of Elantra series by Michelle Sagara, Cast in Deception and Cast in Oblivion! Yeah, these books were just amazing, I loved everything about them, the writing, the characters, the plot, the covers, just everything! I can't wait for more!

Next is Charisma by Jeanne Ryan! This book was incredible, I loved the idea of a drug like this, and that it would go wrong! Such a great read!
Next is the Elder Races series by Thea Harrison, Dragon Bound, Storm's Heart, Serpent's Kiss, True Colors, Oracle's Moon, Natural Evil, Devil's Gate, Hunter's Season, Lord's Fall, The Wicked, Kinked, Dragos Takes a Holiday, Pia Saves the Day, Peanut Goes to School, Night's Honor, Midnight's Kiss, Dragos Goes to Washington, Pia Does Hollywood, Shadow's End, Liam Takes Manhattan, Dragos Meets StinkypotThe Chosen, and Planet Dragos! This series! Oh, man, this series was just awesome! So diverse and different, such compelling plots and characters! I need more from this world!

















Next is the Rockton series by Kelly Armstrong, City of the Lost, A Darkness Absolute, This Fallen Prey, and This Fallen Prey! Reading this series just brings joy to me, the characters, the plot, the mysteries, the writing, it all works so well together and I can't get enough!


Next is the Innkeeper series by Ilona Andrews, Gerald Demille and Helen MeetClean SweepSweep in Peace, and One Fell Sweep! This series is so fun and unique to read! Love the world and it's creativeness! Can't wait for more! 


Next is Virals series by Kathy Reichs and Brendan Reichs,  Shock, Virals, Seizure, Shift, Code, Swipe, Exposure, Terminal, and Spike! This series has just the right blend of mystery and action, with characters that I can't read enough of! Loved these books so much! 







Next is Cold Hard Truth by Anne Greenwood Brown! This book was so amazing to read, I loved the characters, the writing, and the plot so much! Wonderful book! 
Next is Consumed by J.R. Ward! This book was full of characters, emotions, mysteries, and more, that were so great to read! Can't wait for more!
Next is Contagion by Erin Bowman! Wow, this book, I just consumed it! It was so addicting, it was so good! Just an incredible book, everything about it!
Next is Copycat by Hannah Jayne! This book was amazing, the mystery was so interesting, and I loved reading it!
Next is A Court of Night and Frost by Sarah J. Maas! I loved seeing these characters have some down time, they've deserved it after all that they went through! Such a great read! 
Next is Covert Game by Christine Feehan! Wow, the characters and the plot were just fascinating! I couldn't put this book down!
Next is the Nava Katz series by Deborah Wilde, Crave and Fall! These books were hilarious and irreverent (that seems to be some of my favourite kind of humour) and the mysteries and plots were just so great to read with these epic characters! 

Next is Crucible by James Rollins! Man, this book was just incredible! Such intricate plotting, a incredible mystery, and of course these characters we know and love!
Next is the Cruel Beauty Universe by Rosamond Hodge, Cruel Beauty and Gilded Ashes! These books were beautiful and I loved everything about them! So great to read!

Next is Damsel by Elana K. Arnold! This book just took my by the feels, I just couldn't put it down! I shook my fist at the ceiling at the unfairness she faced, and yeah, this book was just so epic!
Next is A Dangerous Collaboration by Deanna Raybourn! The mystery in this book was just as twist and turn-y as the previous ones, and we got everything that we wanted for these characters! Man, such a great book!
Next is the New York Confidentials series by Heather Graham, A Perfect Obsession and A Dangerous Game! I loved spending more time with these characters, with these on point mysteries! They're so great to read! 

Next is the Broken Rider series by Deborah Blake, Dangerously Fierce and Dangerously Driven! Man, these books were so amazing to read! I loved seeing the 3rd and final brother heal, and then them all come together! Such excellent books!

Next is the Dare Mighty Things series by Heather Kaczynski, Dare Mighty Things and One Giant Leap! This duo was so great to read, lots of great space and science stuff and characters that were so interesting to read about! 

Next is The Dark Calling by Kresley Cole! Wow, this book was just freaking amazing! I loved more time in this world with these characters, I will miss having more of this series when it ends, it's so good! 
Next is the In Death Series by J.D. Robb, Dark in Death and Leverage in Death! Loved having more books in this series, as always, they're excellent, with Eve being her amazing and hilarious self and such interesting mysteries! 

Next is the Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter, Skinwalker, Death's Rival, and Dark Queen! Loved reading these books, Jane is so fantastic, and reading the first two again, I got details that I forgot, and put together pieces for things that have happened in this series! So much has changed! Such a wonderful series!


Next is Dark Sentinel by Christine Feehan! Yeah, another book in this series that I love dearly! And it's so freaking hilarious, I love this couple! I mean, the cooking pot! Cracks me up!
Next is the His Fair Assassin series by Robin LaFevers, Grave MercyDark Triumph, and Mortal Heart! I loved reading this series again, it's so unique and the characters are so incredible to read about!


Next is the Lord of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter, The Darkest Warrior and The Darkest Captive! Yeah, wow, these books changed the world that they live in, because Gilly was thought to end up with William for so long! Loved reading them so much!

Next is The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout! Yeah, wow, loved spending more time in this world, but it's also different! Enjoyed it so much, spending time with some familiar faces and some new ones! 
Next is Dead as a Door Knocker by Diane Kelly! This book was just freaking hilarious, I loved the concept of a house flipper getting entangled with a police investigation! And owning a cat! Fabulous! 
Next is Death Doesn't Bargain by Sherrilyn Kenyon! Wow, another great book! We learned more about the world and we spent more time with these amazing characters and a really great couple! What's more to love? 
Next is the Queens of Renthia series by Sarah Beth Durst, The Queen of Blood, The Reluctant Queen, The Queen of Sorrow, and The Deepest Blue! Wow, this series blew me away! So unique and original, I loved everything about it, and I would really love to have more! I'm addicted to it! 



Next is Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray! Wow, this was an amazing sequel, we explored more of this world with these amazing characters! So enjoyable to read! 
Next is the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi, Shatter MeDestroy Me, Unravel Me, Fracture Me, Ignite Me, and Restore Me! Wow, loved reading this series again with these amazing characters, and everything we thought we knew is turned on its head! So fantastic and I can't wait for more! 





Next is The Disasters by M.K. England! This book was freaking hilarious, the action and the characters were just incredible and I loved reading it so much! 
Next is the Dividing Eden series by Joelle Charbonneau, Into the GardenDiving Eden, Forbidden Fruit, and Eden Conquered! This series was dark and amazing and I loved the world and most of the characters! Such a great read! 



Next is Double Blind by Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen! Yeah, loved spending more time with Kendra! And Lynch! Amazing mystery, as always! Can't wait for more!
Next is the Nadia Stratford series by Kelley Armstrong,  Exit StrategyMade to be BrokenWild JusticeDouble Play, and Perfect Victim! Loved reading this series again, the whole concept of contract killers is just so enticing to read! And these characters, I'll never get enough of them, I'm so glad that we got another story!




Next is the Dorina Basarab series by Karen Chance, Shadow's Bane and  Dragon's Claw! Yeah, wow, more in this series! Such incredible books with amazing writing and all the feels! Plus Dory and the gang! Loved reading them so much! 

Next is the Heartsong series by Elle Katherine White, Heartsong and Dragonshadow! Wow, I loved reading these so much! Heartsong was a top read the first time I read it, and yeah, spending more time in this amazing world with the characters and the writing that just pulls me in, I'm exactly where I want to be!

Next is the Dreamfall series by Amy Plum, Dreamfall and Neverwake! These books were dark and creepy and so readable! I devoured them and enjoyed their creepiness and creativeness and amazing characters and mysteries! Love them so much! 

Next is the Rogue Files by Sophie Jordan, While the Duke Was SleepingThe Scandal of It AllThe Duke Buys a Bride, and This Scot of Mine! Such a great, hilarious series! I love all these characters and all the mischief that they get into! Such great reads!



Next is the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles series by Katie Hamstead, Princess of Tyrone, Myths of Mish, and Dwaves of Culcus! Man, this series was so original and amazing! The characters just bring it to life! Love them so much!


Next is the Krewe of Hunter series by Heather Graham, Hallow Be the Haunt, Fade to Black, Pale as Death, Echoes of Evil, and Haunted Be the Holidays! Yeah, more time in this fantastic world, with some new characters and incredible mysteries!




Next is Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon by Kerrelyn Sparks! Another amazing book, I loved the writing and spending more time in this world with these characters, and the mystery! So incredible!
Next is Endless Water, Starless Sky by Rosamond Hodge! Yeah, wow, this book, it went places I didn't know that I wanted it to go! Such an incredible read, I just devoured it! Everything about it, I loved, especially the writing!
Next is the Others series by Anne Bishop, Written in Red, Murder of Crows, Vision in Silver, Marked in FleshEtched in Bone, Lake Silence, and Lake Silence! Man, this series! I love it so, so much! It's so original and creative and fun and amazing to read! Plus the characters are just so full of life and adventure! Such great reads!





Next is the White Trash Zombie series by Diana Rowland, Even White Trash Zombies Get the BluesWhite Trash Zombie Apocalypse, How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back, White Trash Zombie Gone Wild, and White Trash Zombie Unchained! This series was freaking hilarious! Angel was a fantastic character in such a wacky world, I loved reading her adventures! 




Next is Everlife by Gena Showalter! Wow this book was a fantastic ending to the series! So many questions answered, so many plot lines wrapped up, and more time spent with our favourite characters in this incredible universe!
Next is Evermore by Sara Holland! Wow, this was an incredible sequel, we learned so much, the writing was so excellent (and so is the cover, I love it!) and just such an amazing book!
Next is Face Off by Brenda Novak! It's a pretty intense book, with the, well, face off with Jasper! Loved this mystery and more of this series with these characters I enjoy so much!
Next is the Losing It series by Cora Cormack, Losing It, Keeping Her, Inking HimFaking It, Finding It, and Seeking Her! Yeah, this series was pretty intense, lots of emotional conflict and personal drama! Such fun to read!





Next is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell! This book was so fun, and the fact that we got Carry On because of it, makes it all the better! Go fan fiction! Such a wonderful read!
Next is The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon! This series has so much going on, and spending more time with these characters is just amazing!
Next is Final Fall by Heather W. Petty! Man, a fantastic ending to this series, loved the mystery and the twists and the characters! Such a great read!
Next is The Final Six by Alexandra Monir! This book was just thrilling! I loved the characters so much, and this world was pretty interesting, and a bit scary because it's a very possible future! Need more of the mystery!  
Next is the Crescent Chronicles series by Alyssa Ivy Rose, Flight, Focus, Found, and First & Forever! This series is intense and sweet and unique and I love everything about it and I must read more!



Next is Flying by Carrie Jones! This book was just insane, hilarious and the writing was excellent with such good pacing for the action and the quips and the reveals! Such a great read and so unique!
Next is Audrey Harte series by Kate Kessler, Four of a Kind and Zero Hour! Yeah, more time with these amazing characters with more intriguing mysteries! And they were such wonderful reads!

Next is Frat Girl by Kiley Roache! This book was smart and made me think, as well was well written with characters that I just wanted to read more of! Such a great read!
Next is Freefall by Joshua David Bellin! I enjoyed reading this book, such a great dystopia, loved the mystery and the action, as well as the characters! Wonderful read!
Next is Fury by Rachel Vincent! Wow, this book was a fantastic ending to the series! I didn't expect it, and everything that I loved of the previous books was here, making it an excellent novel!
Next is Gamescape: Overworld by Emma Trevayne! This book was pretty interesting to read, and I enjoyed the whole concept of the book! I need to read more!
Next is the Illuminae series by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, IlluminaeGemina, and Obsidio! Yeah, this series is weird and amazing, and so original and spectacular and such great reads! I love everything about these books!


Next is the Goddess Test by Aimee Carter, The Goddess TestThe Goddess HuntGoddess, InterruptedThe Goddess Legacy, and The Goddess Inheritance! This series is so original and I loved reading about these characters in this world! I was so invested! 




Next is the Potion series by Amy Alward, The Potion Diaries, Royal Tour, and Going Viral! This series was so fascinating! I loved the characters and the world and the mystery! And it's pretty darned hilarious!


Next is The Grift of the Magi by Ally Carter! Another amazing mystery with these characters that I enjoy so much! So many twists!
Next is the Otherworld series by Yasmine Galenorn, Knight Magic and Harvest Song! This series is just so fantastic! Loved getting these books that are the penultimate installments in this pretty long running series! Solutions are coming to end the war! So exciting!

Next is Heart on Fire by Amanda Bouchet! Man, such an amazing read! It starts off strong and doesn't let off! Such a roller coaster of emotions, and an amazing go with these characters that I love so much! 
Next is The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco! Wow, I didn't expect this book, it was incredible, the world and the characters continue to surprise, and I just need to know how it's going to end! 
Next is Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston! Such a great book, I love everything about it, from the beautiful cover to the amazing story with characters that I can't wait to read more about!
Next is the X-Ops series by Paige Tyler, Her Fierce WarriorKidnapping in the Black HillsHer Rogue AlphaTrouble in the UkraineHer True MatchHer Dark Half, and X-Ops Exposed! This series is just wonderful, I love the romance and the mysteries that are just so well written! Such great books! 






Next is Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry! This book is just hilarious and awesome and such a great read! Loved it so much, the characters were the best to read about, and I can totally understand their crusade against the awful rules at their school!
Next is Hidden Pieces by Paula Stokes! This book had an excellent mystery, and the characters weren't perfect, but they were pretty amazing to read about!
Next is the Point of No Return series by Brenna Aubrey, High Risk and High Reward! I loved the romance and the conflict that they had to face! Such a wonderful series!

Next is High Voltage by Karen Marie Moning! Wow, this book was spectacular, it went places I couldn't even imagine, and these characters made this world so captivating to read about!
Next is the Highlander Brides series by Lynsay Sands, The Highlander's Promise and The Wrong Highlander! Yeah, this series is irreverent, and hilarious and I loved the romances and the mysteries! And they're learning with each book with searches and hidden passageways, which is very excellent, given how often they have to do so!

Next is The Hollow of Fear by Sherry Thomas! Wow, this book was incredible, we had another mystery that was so intricate with so many twists! And these characters, yeah, I'll never tire of reading about them!
Next is the Superheros Anonymous series by Lexie Dunne, Superheros Anonymous, Supervillains AnonymousHow to Save the World, and #HeroFail! This series is just amazing, so hilarious and wonderful! I love everything about it!



Next is In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan! This book, yeah, it's a top, top read of 2018, I devoured it! It was hilarious and creative and went places I totally didn't expect and I loved it so much!
Next is In Rides Trouble by Julie Ann Walker! I loved the mystery and the romance and the conflict in this book! Such a wild ride of a read!
Next is the Talon series by Julie Kagawa, Talon, Rogue, Solider, Legion, and Inferno! I just love this series, the world is just fascinating and I want to read more about it, and the characters fill up every space in my mind! Such great reads!




Next is Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews! Yeah, loved this book, everything, the writing, plot, characters, world, just everything! Amazing book! And hilarious, I loved their spats!
Next is Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore! This book was strange and original, and I loved the different directions that it went on! Pretty inspiring and eye opening!
Next is the Valkyrie series by T.G. Ayer, Joshua and Joshua II! Joshua was a favourite character in Bryn's books and now in his own, and I love this world and reading these books is just amazing! 

Next is Judgement Road by Christine Feehan! Yeah, this book had an amazing mystery and I loved spending more time in this world, and yeah, the characters and romance were pretty spectacular!
Next is the Medlar Mystery series by Jude Deveraurx, A Willing Murder and A Justified Murder! Wow, this books had amazing, twisty mysteries and characters that I couldn't get enough of! Loved reading these books!

Next is The Keeper of the Mist by Rachel Neumeier! This book was a knockout from the characters to the world and I enjoyed reading it so much! The unfairness that she faces, yeah, I raged against it!
Next is Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep! I loved reading this book, it was original and bad ass, the action was intense and I loved reading about these characters in this world that I want to know more about!
Next is the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian, A Touch of Midnight and Kiss of Midnight! Yeah, these books were amazing, I loved the world and the characters and the writing was so great! Loved these so much!

Next is the Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn, Kitty and the Midnight Hour, Kitty Goes to Washington, Kitty Takes a Holiday, Kitty and the Silver Bullet, Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand, Kitty Raises Hell, Kitty's House of Horrors, Kitty Goes to War, Kitty's Big Trouble, Kitty Steals the Show, Kitty Rocks the House, Kitty in the Underworld, Low Midnight, and Kitty Saves the World! This series was hilarious and awesome, these characters and the threats they face, they're just wonderful to read about!













Next is Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare! This book started off another arc of this world that I enjoy so much, with characters that really brought their section to life! Really great read!
Next is Lady Pirate by Lynsay Sands! Another amazing romance with excellent writing that just puts the characters into hilarious situations! Loved it!
Next is the Legend of All Wolves series by Maria Vale, The Last Wolf, and A Wolf Apart! These books were pretty spectacular! The world, I want to know more about it and the characters were so interesting! The Last Wolf is a top, top read of 2018!

Next is Leopard's Run by Christine Feehan! This series has intense romances, mysteries and characters, and this one fit right in! Loved reading it!
Next is Liberty: The Spy Who (Kind of) Liked Me by Andrea Portes! This book was hilarious and different and I love the characters and the mystery! So interesting! Oh, and the action!
Next is LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff! This book was incredible, the world is so fascinating and so are the characters, and yeah, they had so many surprises! I need more!
Next is Moonshadow series by Thea Harrison, Moonshadow, Spellbinder, and Lionheart! I loved reading more about this world, these characters had wonderful romances with some hair raising conflicts! Such great reads!


Next is Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes! This book was so twisty and the characters were as well! It's an incredible read, of course, it's by Jennifer Lynn Barnes! 
Next is The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James! I had to read this book, it sucked me in and was so well paced and I just couldn't put it down, it was so good! 
Next is Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas! Such a wonderful read, I loved the world and these characters who had some pretty tough situations, and the mystery was pretty intriguing! 
Next is Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West! This book was nice and light and sweet and I loved the characters and the romance! 
Next is The Loving Daylights by Lynsay Sands! This book was just freaking hilarious! I loved the characters and the mischief that they got into!
Next is Made for You by Melissa Marr! I loved this twisty, romantic novel! It was different and I loved reading about these characters with this murder mystery! 
Next is the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, Magic Binds and Magic Triumphs! I absolutely loved reading these books, more time with these amazing characters, and man, Kate came up with some pretty creative plans when they were needed! 

Next is The Martian by Andy Weir! This book was a lot of fun, and you could learn from it as well, and just so hilarious! Mark was a really fantastic character! Loved reading it! 
Next is Missing You by Meg Cabot! I loved reading this book again, they're such a great couple, and I enjoy the conflict in this book so much! I just wish we could have more! 
Next is the de Vincent series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Moonlight Seduction and Moonlight Scandals! I enjoyed getting to spend more time with these brothers! The atmosphere was just so enticing! 

Next is the series by Laini Taylor, Strange the Dreamer and Muse of Nightmares! Oh, wow, these books were strange and original and I loved them so much! They were different and twisty and I loved how everything came together! 

Next is My Plain Jane by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows! This book was awesome, loved the world and the characters and the plot and everything about it! So hilarious!
Next is My True Love Gave to Me Anthology! I loved all these sweet short stories by amazing author! Such a great anthology!
Next is Navigating the Stars by Maria V. Snyder! I loved this book, Lyra was a fantastic character, I enjoyed the world so much, and I can't wait to explore the mystery and the sci fi/fantasy in further books!
Next is Nightchasher by Amanda Bouchet! Loved this book so much,the characters were fantastic in this world that was so great to read! I can't wait to read more! 
Next is Nine by Zach Hines! This book was original and amazing and creative and I enjoyed everything about it from the world to the characters!
Next is No Good Deed by Goldy Moldavsky! This book was irreverent, and hilarious and so strange! I loved these strange characters who had their causes and how everything went wrong!
Next is Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter! This book was so fantastic, I loved the characters and the suspense! Such a great read!
Next is Notes from My Captivity by Kathy Parks! I enjoyed this so much, the world and the characters were just brought to life with such great writing!
Next is Now You See Her by Lisa Leighton and Laura Stropki! I enjoyed this twisty mystery! And the characters were so fantastic to read about!
Next is Ocean Light by Nalini Singh! I loved spending more time in this fantastic world, it's just so fascinating and I loved the updates to the world and meeting this couple!
Next is Oh My Goth by Gena Showalter! I loved this revamped version of this book, it was similar, but amped up! Loved the characters and the world and the characters!
Next is One Knight Stands by Jocelyn Kelley! This book was so awesome, I just loved the characters who had their missions! And it was pretty hilarious!
Next is Onyx & Ivory by Mindy Arnett! Loved reading this book! So original and the world was so interesting to read! The characters, I just wanted to know more about them! 
Next is Origin by Dan Brown! I loved spending more time with Langdon, and this adventure had plenty of tense moments and action and so many reveals! Such a great read! 
Next is Our Dark Stars by Audrey Grey and Krystal Wade! I enjoyed reading this book so much, it was a great retelling and the world was just so interesting to read! 
Next is Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda! Wow, this book was just amazing, I just loved everything about it! The writing, the characters, the threat that they face on the ship, as well as the chip that's controlling her, I just raged against the unfairness! Such an incredible book! 
Next is the Titan series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, The Return, The Power, The Struggle, and The Prophecy! I loved reading this series so much, Seth and Josie are such a fantastic couple, and we get to spend more time in this world! And of course the amazing writing! Just loved these books!



Next is the Cainsville series by Kelley Armstrong, Rough Justice and Portents! I loved reading these books, they added so much to the world, seeing the characters when the main stories aren't happening! So wonderful!

Next is The Prince by Jennifer L. Armentrout! I enjoyed spending more time in this world and learning more, and yeah, these characters are just so great to read about!
Next is the Mediator series by Meg Cabot, Proposal and Remembrance! I loved spending more time in this world with these adorable characters! Suze and Jesse are amazing to read about! I loved the mysteries in these books!

Next is The Queen's Resistance by Rebecca Ross! This book was a fantastic sequel, I loved learning more about this world and spending more time with these characters! Really great read!
Next is Radio Silence by Alice Oseman! This book was so great to read, the characters were just absolutely incredible to read about!
Next is The Raging Ones by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie! This book was different and I enjoyed reading about this interesting world! The characters, man, they had it rough, and I really enjoyed them and I can't wait for more!
Next is Reflection by Elizabeth Lim! I loved this retelling, it was interesting, and the characters were familiar, and I enjoyed getting to know these versions of them! 
Next is Royals by Rachel Hawkins! This book was just completely hilarious, the whole concept and the characters! Loved it so much!
Next is The Rules by Debbie Viguie and Nancy Holder! This book was dark and twisted, and I enjoyed reading about these characters who were facing a uncertain threat! Such a great read!
Next is Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrande! This book was strange and original! These characters weren't perfect and they had flaws but they were fantastic to read about! And man, this world! The one group made me growl at the unfairness and the awfulness! They were just the worst when they were supposed to be the good guys!
Next is the Prisoners of Peace series by Erin Bow, The Scorpion Rules and The Swan Riders! I love these books, I loved the idea of an A.I. taking over the world! So original and great to read, and just freaking hilarious! These books are treasures!

Next is Seriously Hexed by Tina Connolly! Man, this book was a great addition to the series, so many twists and hilarity and more time with these awesome characters! Loved learning more about this magic!
Next is Serpentine by Laurell K. Hamilton! Yeah, more time with these fantastic characters! I enjoyed getting to explore another section of this world, and have more updates into their lives! And a great mystery!
Next is Sex and the Single Vampire by Katie MacAlister! This book was just hilarious! I loved spending more time in this world! This is just a fun series!
Next is Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost! I'm so glad that Ian and Veritas are getting a series! They are amazing characters, and I'm really enjoying their story! Such a great read!
Next is Shadow and Ice by Gena Showalter! Man, what a wonderful start to this series! The characters were intense, and the world was so interesting! I can't wait to explore it more!
Next is Shadow Keeper by Christine Feehan! I enjoyed spending more time in this world! The characters were awesome to read about, I loved this couple! And a great plot!
Next is Silence Fallen by Patrica Briggs! Loved this book, it's different with disjointed timeline, and being away from everyone! Such a great read!
Next is The Similars by Rebecca Hanover! I loved this world so much, it was so interesting to read! What an interesting mystery with characters who brought it to life! Can't wait for the 2nd book!
Next is the Simple Quartet series by Mary Balog, Simply Unforgettable, Simply Love, Simply Magic, and Simply Perfect! This book was nice and sweet, and so many nice romances! Loved reading them! 



Next is Slayer by Kiersten White! Wow, what a great book! Loved being in this world in book form! And these characters were so fascinating to read, and how they don't really like Buffy! 
Next is Spark by Holly Schindler! This book was strange and weird and I enjoyed the magic! And the characters were so cute, I loved the romance! 
Next is Spartan Promise by Jennifer Estep! I loved spending more time with these characters in this world! Loved the investigation and facing off against the bad guys some more!
Next is Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik! This book was original and I loved how it grew and grew in scope! What a wonderful read!
Next is Star-Touched Stories by Roshani Chokshi! Loved spending more time in this world, learning more about these characters! Wonderful read!
Next is Strange New World by Rachel Vincent! This was a wonderful sequel, I loved seeing another side of the world, and yeah, more time with these characters and some of the newer ones, as well! What a great read!
Next is Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan! I enjoyed this book so much! The unfairness grated, but these characters were excellent to read about in this fascinating world, I loved the history and the myths and how things worked!
Next is Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson, and Robin Wasserman! I loved this collection of stories at school learning to be a Shadowhunter! We got plenty of this world! Such a great collection!
Next is Tess of the Road by Tess Hartman! I loved spending more time in this world, and Tess was an amazing character! I raged at some of the unfairness that she faced, but this was a wonderful book!
Next is the Mortal Coil series by Emily Suvada, This Mortal Coil and These Precious Scars! These books were incredible, so much was going on, and so interesting! The characters kept everything going and were wonderful to read about and I can't wait for more! 

Next is This is How it Happened by Paula Stokes! This book was a bit sad, but reflective, and was really great to read! 
Next is This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston! This book was so fantastic, I loved the mystery, and all the twists! The characters brought it to life, what they were doing and why things had happened!
Next is This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp! This was such a fast paced, action packed, suspenseful book! So incredible to read!
Next is This Splintered Silence by Kayla Olson! This book was eerie, and sparse, and haunting! Loved the mystery, because it's not like there's a lot of options in space! Such a great read!
Next is A Thousand Beginnings and Endings Anthology! This was a really fantastic collection of stories with mythologies that I don't really see, and they were so creative! Loved it!
Next is Time Bomb by Joelle Charbonneau! Wow, this book had characters who were complex and I totally didn't know where it'd be going! Such a great, tense read!
Next is The Traitor Prince by C.J. Redwine! Loved spending more time in this world! The characters were so great, and I loved spending time in this new kingdom! But the prison, oh, man, it made me mad!
Next is Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands, Vampires Like it Hot and The Trouble With Vampires! Yeah, more time in this incredible world! Such great reads, I love the romances and the mysterious accidents that they faced! Such great reads!

Next is Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson! This book was just incredible, the characters had their perplexities, and we learned more about the different mysteries! Can't wait for the next (final?) book after that evil cliff hanger ending!
Next is The Truth Lies Here by Lindsey Klingele! I loved reading this book! It was dark and twisted, and I loved the characters who brought this mystery to life! It was so creepy and awesome!
Next is Tsumiku and the Enslaved Fox by Forthright! This book was adorable and amazing and sweeping and complex and it's totally a top, top read of 2018! I enjoyed reading it so much, it's a gem!
Next is Uncanny by David Mcinnis Gill! This book was strange but I loved it! The world and some of the characters were creepy, and I just couldn't get enough of it!
Next is Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner! Wow, this was an action packed adventure! Loved learning about this world with these complex characters and I need the next book, stat!
Next is Uprooted by Naomi NovikUprooted by Naomi Novik! I loved this book so much, enjoyed it so much, that I read it twice in one year! I can't get enough of this original, amazing, and so fascinating world! And the characters just captured my imagination! This is a top, top read of 2018!
Next is the Valkyrie series by Ingrid Paulson, Valkyrie Symptoms and Valkyrie Rising! I loved this take on Norse mythology, the mystery and the characters were just the best to read about!

Next is Venom in the Veins by Jennifer Estep! I love that we got more time with Gin and the gang, plus there was another mystery that I couldn't wait to read more about!
Next is Vendetta by Iris Johansen! Wow, this book was pretty explosive! Loved meeting new characters and seeing some old faces with a mystery and action that had everything they needed!
Next is When Blood Calls by J.K. Beck! This book was so awesome, I loved the romance and the mystery, as well as the world! It was so fascinating!
Next is When My Heart Joins the Thousand by A.J. Steiger! This book was nice and sweet, I loved the story, it was so enjoyable and I hadn't read anything like it!
Next is The Coastal Road series by Carrie Vaughn, Where Would You Be Now? and The Wild Dead! I loved reading more about these characters in this world that is recovering from what we'd done to it! Such fascinating mysteries, they're really centered on the people since they don't have most of our technologies! 

Next is Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill! I loved spending more time in this series! But with the younger generation, though we did get to see some familiar faces! Such a great read! Loved the mystery and the banter and I can't wait for more! 
Next is Wintersong by by S. Jae-Jones! This book was different and strange and I loved how the world worked and the writing was so enticing! The atmosphere was like smoke, and incredible to read! Can't wait for more!
Next is #MurderTrending by Gretchen McNeil! I just raged against the unfairness in this book, that I just had to read more! These characters and the threats they face...they were smart and twisty and it was so great!
Next is 9 Bodies Rolling by Stephanie Bond! Yeah, another hilarious romper with a great mystery! And more time with these characters! I want more!
Lastly is 99 Lies by Rachel Vincent! I loved this sequel so much, a lot happened, it was a great read, and a great ending to this duology! It was everything that I wanted!
523 of 587, so I read just a few more than last year and I'm happy with that. This is the first real read where I've read a book twice in the same year, and it happened multiple times, like This Fallen Prey and Lake Silence. Yeah for great books! Can't wait for this new year and all the great books that are going to be coming out!

So yeah, those are the best books that I read in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!