Saturday, February 29, 2020

Week 9 Review: Smoke Bitten

From Goodreads:
Mercy Thompson, car mechanic and shapeshifter, faces a threat unlike any other in this thrilling entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling series.

I am Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman.
My only "superpowers" are that I turn into a thirty-five pound coyote and fix Volkswagens. But I have friends in odd places and a pack of werewolves at my back. It looks like I'm going to need them.

Centuries ago, the fae dwelt in Underhill--until she locked her doors against them. They left behind their great castles and troves of magical artifacts. They abandoned their prisoners and their pets. Without the fae to mind them, those creatures who remained behind roamed freely through Underhill wreaking havoc. Only the deadliest survived.

Now one of those prisoners has escaped. It can look like anyone, any creature it chooses. But if it bites you, it controls you. It lives for chaos and destruction. It can make you do anything--even kill the person you love the most. Now it is here, in the Tri-Cities. In my territory.

It won't, can't, remain.

Not if I have anything to say about it. 

My Review:
Wow, I was really looking forward to this book! I mean, I checked NetGalley every single weekday to see if my wish had been granted when it was just to wish for, and then the day it was available for request, I did. And then I read it the day that I got it. Yeah, I just devoured it, because I wanted to read it so freaking badly! It was well worth it, it's such an amazing book, I just loved it!

There's three main issues in this book. The smoke monster, and Mercy and Adam's relationship. But the third one isn't in the synopsis or the first chapter excerpt. They all caused problems at inopportune times, which just makes for great reading!

Oh, man, there's this really powerful scene in this book, and when I reread-which may or may not be next week, since I want to slow down and really enjoy the details-I may have a hard time getting through it as fast, because man, it was a war on the emotions!

Mercy is her intelligent and amazing self, and I enjoyed her learning a bit more about the pack bonds, her mental landscape, and about the threat they face. It brings up a new element, that now that I'm thinking about it, may be connected to short bit from Storm Cursed. I can't wait to see it play out!

This book was so fantastic, and I can't wait to read more in this world, since I think it's an Alpha and Omega book up next!

Author: Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson #12
Read: February 28th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I absolutely love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Ace
Expected Publication: March 17th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!