Saturday, February 29, 2020

Week 9 Reviews: The Beast of Blackmoor, Silent Night


From Goodreads:
From Milla Vane—a warrior princess must tame The Beast of Blackmoor to earn a place among her people. But she quickly discovers that the beast isn't a monster, but a barbarian warrior who intends to do some taming himself.

This is a short piece that I wrote for a blog and features Mala's cousin, Laina, who was mentioned in "The Beast of Blackmoor." This takes place after that story but there are no spoilers for it.

My Review:
Wow, I really enjoyed both of these! And yeah that we're going to get more with at least 2 full length books, because these were both under 150 pages combined. I need more of this world, and I can't wait to learn more!

Beast of Blackmoor, well, this book was graphic, both with the violence and with the sex. Both of these characters are warriors, and they live life large in both of those arenas, so it makes sense. And I think we'll be seeing a lot of that in this series!

I was rooting for the both of them. Mala was on her quest to tame the beast, who happens to be Kavic, and if she succeeds, she gets the strength of 10,000 warriors, which her country needs for the return of a great evil. If she loses, she's outcast. So there's a lot riding on this!

Kavic on the other hand, has a pretty rough past, and made a poor decision to anger Mala's goddess, who told him that the end was near when the red lady came. The red lady being Mala. So yeah, there was a lot of complex, fun times, because the taming, he has a pretty different and negative thorough about it than what Mala intends! Made for fantastic reading!

Silent Night is a short scene, and we get to see Laina, Mala's cousin. And it is so short, I want to know what her main quest is, and why she can't speak because of it. Maybe this story is part of the reason why, but I hope that we learn more in the full length book!

Really enjoyed the both of these, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Milla Vane
Series: Barbarians #1, 1.1
Read: February 28th, 28th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike, Online
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Books!
Publisher: Berkley
Published: November 24th 2014, December 3rd 2014

The Beast of Blackmoor:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Silent Night:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!