Saturday, May 25, 2024

Week 21 Review: Five Broken Blades

From Goodreads:
It's the season
for treason…

The king of Yusan must die.

The five most dangerous liars in the land have been mysteriously summoned to work together for a single objective: to kill the God King Joon.

He has it coming. Under his merciless immortal hand, the nobles flourish, while the poor and innocent are imprisoned, ruined…or sold.

And now each of the five blades will come for him. Each has tasted bitterness―from the hired hitman seeking atonement, a lovely assassin who seeks freedom, or even the prince banished for his cruel crimes. None can resist the sweet, icy lure of vengeance.

They can agree on murder.

They can agree on treachery.

But for these five killers―each versed in deception, lies, and betrayal―it's not enough to forge an alliance. To survive, they'll have to find a way to trust each other…but only one can take the crown.

Let the best liar win.

My Review:
Oh, I loved reading this book! The synopsis sounded really intriguing-and the cover and that sprayed edge pages looked stunning-so yeah, my interest in this book was pretty high. It delivered, it was just such an epic read! 

Starting off, this book is just the tiniest bit confusing, because there's all these characters, and while it was easy to have them separated as different characters, it was a lot of information all at once. Once I had time to digest all that information, it made for a much smoother reading process.

I wanted to know more about these characters, about why they wanted this vengeance against the king, because yeah, he utterly deserved it, the way that he's shaped the world. It was so great to get to know these characters and their histories! 

A lot happened int his book, including one twist that was game-changing, and I'm so excited to see where this story is going to go from here! I need to spend more time in this world with these characters, and I can't wait for the sequel! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue on!  

Author: Mai Corland 
Series: Five Broken Blades #1
Read: May 23rd, 2024 
Source: Bought 
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and its a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book! 
Publisher: Entangled: Red Tower Books
Published: May 7th 2024
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!