Saturday, May 25, 2024

Week 21 Review: To Love a Dark Lord

From Goodreads:
She pulled him close, in a desperate, perfect embrace. She loved him. And she would burn this world for him…

Gwen must free the Prince in Iron, before his mind is torn apart.

For centuries, Mordred ruled over Avalon and caged its magic. Now the elementals have seized power, sentencing him to an eternity of torment in his own magical prison.

Gwen accepted Mordred's punishment to save his life. But the love that binds them cannot be denied. She vows to find him and release him, whatever the cost.

Mordred's time is quickly running out. Trapped inside the Iron Crystal, he burns with rage and desire, haunted by shadows of the past. His sanity hangs by a thread.

Gwen will destroy anyone who stands between her and the crystal. But is she freeing the man she loves? Or unleashing a power more vicious and terrifying than Avalon has ever known?

My Review:
Oh, I had a really fantastic time reading this book! I've really enjoyed this series from the beginning, so it's a bit sad to say goodbye to these characters, but boy did they have a heck of a run in these 4 books! This was such a great wrap up to the series!

The ending of the last book, with Mordred in the Iron Crystal, having killed Grinn, yeah, I had to know what was going to happen next. We all had faith in Gwen that she would find the right path forward, but it didn't come easily! 

This is the book where she really came into her own. She had her own power given to her by the creators of Avalon, and the training wheels were off. Though there was maybe a little help from Merlin (and I loved how that went!)

All in all, I really enjoyed how this series ended. That one antagonist came almost out of left field, but I loved what it added to the story. The solution that Gwen came up with, it was satisfying for all parties, even if it caused some turmoil. Plus, that time jump at the end, yeah, it was really great to see what had been built! 

I loved reading this book and I need to read more by Kathryn Ann Kingsley! 

Author: Kathryn Ann Kingsley 
Series: The Iron Crystal #4
Read: May 19th, 2024 
Source: NetGalley  
Reason Why: Love her writing, and this series, and it's a End of Series 2024 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book!  
Publisher: Second Sky 
Expected Publication: June 14th 2024
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!