Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week 14 Review: Darker Still

From Goodreads:
I was obsessed. 

It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I'd ever seen--everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable...utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike. 

There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide. He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame. 

I've crossed over into his world within the painting, and I've seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked--bound together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of Manhattan. Unless I can free him soon, things will only get Darker Still.

My Review:
Goodness, I enjoyed this book so much! I loved these characters, I enjoyed this world so much, and while the ending, I felt, could've made it a stand alone book, I'm glad that it isn't, because that means we get to spend more time with these characters, yeah!

The whole idea of a soul being trapped in a painting? And it was done to him because of a demon? That idea, it's just so interesting! I mean, it's bad and all, but it's interesting. I hope that doesn't make me like Maggie, but I'm more jaded then her!

I really enjoyed most of the diary entries format that this book took. Except for 2 things. One, that at the beginning of the entry, it would have vague mentions of what happened since the last entry, and by the end of the entry, I would've forgotten that, and two, just having the difference between her writing, and having these events in the past, and us learning them!

Wow, I just really enjoyed this book! I can't wait for more, I know it's going to be great!

Author: Leanna Renee Hieber
Series: Magic Most Foul #1
Read: March 31st, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded really great, it's a reward challenge book, it's a YAHFC book,
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: November 8th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!