Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week 14 Review: Whisper

From Goodreads:
This time, Riley might really have bitten off more than she’s ready for. After practically begging the Council for a more challenging Soul Catch, she is assigned an actual Roman gladiator—Theocoles, the Pillar of Doom. How is Riley, a skinny twelve-year-old, supposed to get through to him? Then she meets the beautiful Messalina, who convinces her that her only chance is to become part of this world. To accomplish this, Messalina helps Riley through a dramatic, mystical makeover, transforming her into the beautiful and mature teen she’s always wanted to be. Finally, Riley can experience her first boyfriend and her first kiss. With a dream this enchanting, will she ever want to leave?

My Review:
This was a really great ending to the series! I enjoyed it a lot, and yeah, I'm sad to stay goodbye to Riley, but she was left in a pretty good spot, so yeah, it's all good there! I enjoyed reading about her, and now she's on to other things!

So Riley has grown up from the experiences in Dreamland, she learned from them, and she almost fell in those same pitfalls in this book, but in the end, she chose right, so yeah, I'm proud of her! She's becoming quite a strong, smart young lady!

I loved that we got to see some old characters, no matter how briefly! Because yeah, that was enjoyable, and I really liked it! And yeah, Riley was left in a good place, growing, and changing, and yeah, it was a really good ending!

I enjoyed this book a lot, and I've enjoyed this series a lot! Recommended to pre-teens to early teens, though enjoyable for anyone who can read about Riley!

Author: Alyson Noel
Series: Riley Bloom #4
Read: April 2nd, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I'm enjoying reading Riley grow up, and it's really good!
Publisher: Square Fish
Expected Publication: April 24th 2012
4/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!