Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA Intros


Picture Credit to Nina @ Nina Reads

So the first event of Armchair BEA is introductions so everyone can get to know each other. So below are the questions, and my answers!


1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?


Well, I'm a reading machine, reading over 300 books so far this year, and I have 2 dogs, Dobby and Winky, who are so cute, and yeah. I've been blogging for about 14 months now, since March 2011, and I started blogging because I halfway wanted a way to record what I was reading, and half to share my love of books and to hopefully interest others to the books I was reading!

2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?


I'm currently reading Savor Me Slowly by Gena Showalter, and Desires Unleashed by D. N. Simmons.

3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

I have 6 cousins who've been born in the past 8 years, and the youngest is turning 1, so I've been holding a lot of babies in the last few years, which has been nice, my cousins look so cute!

4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?


I like my memes that I participate in, because like I said in #1, I started blogging for a good part to keep track of what I'm reading, and memes like It's Monday! What Are You Reading, WWW Wednesday, and First Lines Friday are a good way to do that, and I have at least 1 a day, with reviews on Saturday. Yep.

5. Where do you see your blog in five years?

Honestly, I have no clue, I don't know where I'll be, so I have no clue. Hopefully most interesting/caught up on reviews though!

6. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?

If Your Name Was Being Called Called For Being Tribute for Your District in The Hunger Games... It was a time to reread The Hunger Games before the movie came out, and I'm proud of it, because I think I worded things interestingly enough. Yep.

7. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

Uh, I'd want to eat dinner with at least Gena Showalter, Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Meg Cabot, and James Rollins, to pick their brains about their books after I got over the shock of seeing them!

8. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?

I can't think of any, because I can go to the ones that are real, and the ones that aren't, well, part of the reason why the books are so good are because the setting is so bad, so yeah, I'd just rather visit in my mind!

9. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?

How people spread the love of comments and such. And I'd like so see more people participate in blogging events, the memes, the challenges, and read-a-thons, and such, because they're a lot of fun!

10. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?

Nope, they're the same. Just the volume has increased. Though I have noticed I'm reading more YA, mostly because I know more about it, so I'm drifting away from the romance/mystery books I've been reading, I'm still reading them (see #7 for my favourite authors, they're all adult, though all but Christine Feehan have YA/children's books out)

Yep. So what are your posts on the first day of Armchair BEA? Happy reading!

8 comments:

  1. You're right! The blogging events and memes are a lot of fun! I tried to get a little more professional about things and burned out ... Now I realize that the big reason I wanted to blog was the networking and you really have to participate to network. Now I really enjoy it! :)

    That's a lot of cousins you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I could read as fast as you do!!! I've read 73 books, this year, and that's pretty good for me.

    You mentioned Sherrilyn Kenyon as a person you'd like to eat with. She used to be in my writing group (in Mississippi - before she moved to another state). She is a super smart, funny, warm and wonderful lady. I hope you get a chance to meet her and have dinner, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, 300 books?! I think it's safe to say you're a book lover! What's your secret?

    ~ Sophie
    http://www.lifebetweenpages.net/2012/06/armchair-bea-book-bloggers-conference.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you've read a lot of books! Happy reading for all those on your TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang! 300 books! That's a crazy amount!

    I love memes as well, so we have that in common!

    Enjoy Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you sound like my oldest daughter as she is a speedy reader too, and recalls every minute detail....I'm not that good! impressive!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!