Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #61, June 5th

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser comes from The Vindico by Wesley King, page 88 of my ARC, so it might not be the right page in the final copy, but yeah.*going to do 3 sentences so it is better*

"Then a silhouette became visible in the darkness. Hayden floated limply into the room, as if he was strung up on invisible lines. His face was mottled with black and purple bruises, and a huge, stitched-up cut ran through one of his eyebrows and down his cheek."

Well, that doesn't sound too good! But yeah, this is a great read! Really enjoying it! What about you guys? Happy reading!

14 comments:

  1. Good teaser with great description. I've got to wonder what happened to him - and what's going to happen next.
    My Teaser is from Toxic Torte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! My teaser comes from As You Like It by Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT teaser! I really need to check this one out - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesdays-onyx-lux-2-by-jennifer.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visualizing scenes, and this teaser does it for me!

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing teaser, sounds like he was in a fight.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Sounds painful! Great teaser, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Great teaser! I'll have to check this book out.

    Here's my post
    http://melaniesrandomthoughts-melanie.blogspot.ca/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-review-vast-fields-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, I wonder what happened to him?! Great teaser! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Teaser! Makes ya wonder what he had gotten himself into.

    I'm a new follower. ;)

    Check out my Teaser Tuesday
    Melissa @Spews of My Views

    ReplyDelete
  10. woah, what happened? :o
    my teaser tuesday ; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-delirium-by-lauren.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! And he got beat up by trees because he ran away :)

    Totally, since it was the bad guys who did that, and his mentor at that!

    Nope, and it had to hurt!

    I know!

    Agreed, you can easily see how tortured he has been by the trees!

    Thanks!

    And the trees won!

    Yeah! Must spread word of this book, it comes out on the 14th :)

    Oh, it's not what he got himself into, more what he fell into!

    Trees. And superpowers :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!