Saturday, January 3, 2015

Week 1 Reviews: Brownies, Blood Lines


From Goodreads:
This is a scene that didn't make it into the final version of BLOOD LINES , but was originally part of the prologue. It's numbered as #2.9 since it should be read directly before reading BLOOD LINES.

From Goodreads:
Touch-sensitive FBI agent Lily Yu and her werewolf bond-mate are recruited by the Secret Service to help identify elected officials who have accepted demonic pacts. But Lily must turn to fellow agent Cynna Weaver for help when Cynna's former teacher, a demon master, emerges as the main suspect behind the pacts.

After a demon commits a gruesome murder, sorcerer Cullen Seabourne joins the team racing the clock to find the apprentice of evil who uses demons to kill. Cynna and Cullen must work together- a challenge indeed when each has good reason to ignore the desire simmering between them. But passion and events both spiral out of control as an ancient prophecy is fulfilled- and the lupi's greatest enemy sets her sights on total devastation.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading both of these so much! I basically considered Brownies to be part of Blood Lines, because it was, it just was taken out! So yeah, there's that, and we get more time with Lily and Rule, Cynna and Cullen!

So I think some of my most favourite bits, are that we got some of her Grandmother's POV's. That was really interesting, and fit in well with the ending, that Sam, the dragon from the last book, was her Grandmother's lover, and the one that gave her the tiger magic!

And this book, they're looking for Michael. Well, Cullen's looking from Michael. Everyone else is looking for the book, and they don't know that Michael is the book. And they're all like, they need someone to protect the book from the baddies that want it, I was like, uh, the book, he, can do that himself! And we find out that the end of Originally Human, when they leave Cullen, that day, is the day that Helen kidnaps him! So that was neat!

We get to learn more about Cynna, because it looked like her teacher was the one being the bad guy, and she kinda is, but mostly because she's manipulating the guy, who thought he was manipulating her! And Cynna becomes pregnant with Cullen's baby! That was a bit of a shocker!

Favourite lines from Blood Line: "Need brains to live, same as everyone but politicians." Which is mean, but pretty true! "Full field authority means you can commandeer just about anything, no forms to fill out, no questions asked. Supplies, personnel, weapons, airplanes . . . technically you could call in the army, but I don't think anyone’s ever done that." Wow, that's quite a list of things! Though calling in an army, that's pretty cool! "You're not going without backup. You need someone who can shoot an M-16. If they can use a rocket launcher, even better." That's some pretty big fire power! "Here. I realize I'm the only one bothered by you running around naked. Humor me." Yes, having an ex, even for medical purposes, seeing him with no pants, is kinda awkward! "'It wasn't hard. I went on the Internet an' booked the flight. There's a box to check if you’re a minor, so I checked it.' 'How alarming.'" I'm with Cullen, that's a bit scary! "Isen kept going back for seconds when they handed out stubborn. Got way more than his share." That is true! And apparently was passed down the family tree! "Or do you think crystals are alive and plotting against you?" Uh, maybe? Trees could be sentient! "I'm arguing because my hip hurts and I'm an ass. You're arguing because you're worried about me. And because I'm an ass." Yeah, that about sums it up! "You might inspire the drivers, but when you kill cars, they don't get out of your way." This is just too funny, love Timm's potential actions because he's drugged up from his injuries! "The capital went Code Red, scrambling jets—which weren't much good, it turned out, at chasing mythological creatures when their computers kept malfunctioning." Yeah, that is so true! "I'm told she gave her surgeon instructions while he was working." That sounds like Grandmother!

Oh, I'm really feeling a connection to this series, I have to read more! But I need to read the first 3 books in the Cassie Palmer series first!

Author: Eileen Wilks
Series: World of the Lupi #2.9, 3
Read: December 30th, 31st, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Books!
Publisher: Berkley
Published: January 2007, January 2nd 2007

Brownies:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Blood Lines:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!