Saturday, January 17, 2015

Week 3 Review: Sinner

From Goodreads:
A standalone companion book to the internationally bestselling Shiver Trilogy. 

Sinner follows Cole St. Clair, a pivotal character from the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver Trilogy. Everybody thinks they know Cole's story. Stardom. Addiction. Downfall. Disappearance. But only a few people know Cole's darkest secret -- his ability to shift into a wolf. One of these people is Isabel. At one point, they may have even loved each other. But that feels like a lifetime ago. Now Cole is back. Back in the spotlight. Back in the danger zone. Back in Isabel's life. Can this sinner be saved?

My Review:
This book was so good! The 2 main things that I loved, were that 1) It pretty much began and ended with similar events-Cole being interviewed on the phone by F# (the sharp symbol in music), and leaving the car, and the 3 main supporting characters, Leon the driver, Sofia, Isabel's cousin, and Jeremy, Cole's old bassist from his old band. They were just so awesome!

This book was about Cole and Isabel, and their relationship after everything in the Shiver trilogy, and yeah, it was just so great to be with these characters again! There were a few details from the first book that I'd forgotten that were mentioned in this book, like Victor, and his sister, and I just loved how those were resolved!

One thing I'm confused about, is that the opener, was this weird conversation thing about Cole, and him saying he was a werewolf in L.A., but that didn't happen in the book. So I'm wondering what the heck that was all about!

I'm glad that Cole beat out on the Baby show reality TV, where he didn't burn out, or pretend to burn out, that was awesome! And the mentions of all that happened in the epilogue interview, I just really enjoyed those details! And I think that, that time, Leon left the car with Cole, which was really great!

Favourite lines: "I had the worst nightmare about you last night. You went around Los Angeles and bit about twenty people so you could have a pack of wolves there, too." Which would be an event! "Her concern looked genuine, which surprised me. From her body of work, I'd expected an infant-devouring monster." Good actress, then? "Also, I knew that even thou she said sandwiches, what she meant was please look at this culmination of a culinary process involving more than four hours of preparation." For sandwiches. Sounds excessive! "There is no way for music videos to die. As long as there is a song and a person let alive, someone will sing it, and as long as there is a song and two people left alive, one person will sing it and the other will film it. The music video will die when we all go blind, and music will never die, because even when you can't hear it, you can feel it." Very true! Go, music! "I am not talking my cousin to your shower for a good time. What sort of lesson does that teach her?" Not one you want to teach, I'm guessing! "Anyone wanting to torture Cole would only have to tie him to a chair and do absolutely nothing. He'd beg to have his toenails removed just for something to entertain himself." So he gets bored easily. That sucks! "Leyla ate a piece of something green. She chewed. We all got older while she swallowed." Well, would've gotten older regardless of what she was doing, but it just felt long to you! "I wondered if I should retrieve the body of my good mood for a proper burial, or if I should just leave it here in the House of Ruin." Oh, Isabel, I love that description! "It wasn't even coffee. It was sugar marinated in coffee." That sounds awful! "'I had the worst dream about you last night.' 'Did I go around L.A. biting people? Because that already happened.' 'No. You came home.'" Oh, this conversation between Grace and Cole is not going how he thought it would! "'Only marry your best friend, Sofia. That's my dad advice.' 'I thought you were supposed to chase her dates away with a shotgun. I thought that was dad advice.' 'Maybe your dad. He shoots lots of things, joy included.'"This is very true! And then the epilogue! So good!

This was a really fantastic, getting to be in this world some more, and yeah, I enjoyed it so much!

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: Wolves of Mercy Falls #4
Read: January 13th, 2015
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Published: July 1st 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!