Saturday, July 18, 2015

Week 29 Review: Otherworld Nights

From Goodreads:
Rare and never-before published short stories featuring fan favorites from the "New York Times" bestselling series 

It's been more than ten years since Kelley Armstrong began the Otherworld series and drew legions of fans to a realm roamed by witches, werewolves, necromancers, vampires, and half-demons. Many of the novels have become bestselling favorites, but not all of the Otherworld adventures have been easy to find. At last, "Otherworld Nights "shares short stories that have previously been available only online or in obscure collections. Fans have long been clamoring for this anthology and they won't be disappointed--they'll find plenty of surprises are in store.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this so much! Such a great anthology of Otherworld Stories, and the theme of love, the various forms, was so fantastic to read! Such a great book to read, so enjoyable, and now I can't wait for the next one!

For me, these stories fell into one of three categories. One, that I'd read when I did that big reread in 2013, and so didn't read again this time, like Demonology. Two, that I'd missed in that reread, so read this time, like Twilight. Three, which is only one, but oh, well, is the new story of Savannah and Adam!

It was so great to watch the progression of the characters, because this series covers years. And it was so great to get such a wide variety of narrators, like getting Reece's story, of why he left Australia, and all that happened there. Which was not such a great thing for him!

I really enjoyed getting to read the new/new to me stories, because they added just so much more to the series! It was just so fantastic to read them, they just gave so many details, and helped with the timeline, and it was just so freaking great!

I enjoyed reading this so much, and now I can't wait for the next anthology collection to come out! I want Karl and Hope's post-13 story!

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Otherworld Stories #3
Read: July 12th, 2015
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love this series and this author! Course I had to read it! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Vintage Canada
Published: July 7th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!