Saturday, August 17, 2019

Week 33 Review: The Duke's Stolen Bride

From Goodreads:
An urgent dilemma…

To save her impoverished family, Marian Langley will become a mistress. But she will not be just any mistress. Marian intends to become so skilled, so coveted, that she can set her own terms, retaining control over her body and her fate. Only one problem remains: finding a tutor…

A scandalous solution…

Other men deprive themselves of pleasure for propriety's sake. Nathaniel, Duke of Warrington, would much rather be depraved. He slakes his desires with professionals who ask nothing of him but his coin. Marian's proposal—that he train her without taking her virtue—is an intriguing diversion, until their lessons in seduction spin out of control.

And a most unlikely duchess…

When Marian is blackmailed into engagement by a man she despises, Nate impulsively steals her away. Though he never intended to take a wife, he can't tolerate the idea of Marian forfeiting her freedom to another. But can he bear to give her what she demands—a real marriage?

My Review:
This book was a really fun read. I mean, the idea of training to become a mistress, and the sparks flying between these two was just what I wanted to read. It took a little while for me to remember that this book did have a bit of a set up at the end of the last one, I couldn't figure out why we were reading about these characters! But the mention of her former job brought it back for me!

The title might say stolen bride, but that doesn't happen until 3/4ths into the book. It's still there and a pretty important part of the story, just not as much as the title suggests, at least for me.This isn't a criticism per se, more a heads up if you're like me.

I really enjoyed Marian and Nate together. She had her pride, she'd been around the upper class as a job as a governess. But circumstances were dire, and this was a way to keep her freedom. And he, well, she stood up to him and that was something new to him.

I kinda thought that there would be some drama about the bet that he made, because yeah, it seemed to be something that could be a problem in their relationship. Or maybe I'm just a huge worry wart, because Marian never found out about the bet, at least during the pages. Maybe he told her after. Yeah. I just see potential conflicts everywhere!

Yeah, I really enjoyed reading this book! It was a really fantastic read!

Author: Sophie Jordan
Series: The Rogue Files #5
Read: August 14th, 2019
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2019 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Avon
Expected Publication: October 22nd 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!