Saturday, August 17, 2019

Week 33 Review: Paw of the Jungle

From Goodreads:
Police officer Megan Luz and her K-9 partner in crime, Brigit, are on all fours as they try to solve their latest Lone Star mystery.

AT THE ZOO
The weather is beautiful, work is slow, and her canine colleague could use a walk. What better day for Megan to take Brigit to the Fort Worth Zoo, where they can let loose and witness the law and order of nature unfold? But what begins as a fun field trip turns serious when a pair of rare hyacinth macaws named Fabiana and Fernando goes missing. Is the new custodian, a gentle soul who happens to be an ex-convict, to blame? Or is something far more sinister afoot?

AND ON THE HUNT
The birds are worth thousands of dollars, and the list of people on the premises who might have stolen them is long. Soon other animals start disappearing. . .and Megan and Brigit have their hands and paws full of suspects. But when a rare black rhino is taken from the zoo, presumably for its black-market-friendly horn, time is of the essence. Can Megan and Brigit find out who's behind the mystery—before they too become prey?

My Review:
This book was a really fun read! I was wondering if this book was going to be like Laying Down the Paw, because I really wanted the custodian to be innocent. I really enjoyed how it all played out, because we while don't get the same thing, I really enjoyed the direction it took!

As always as I can remember, there's 2 mysteries in this book. The first, the main one, is the missing animals from the zoo. The other is the disappearance of jewelry. Both cases caused frustration, but on the former caused heartbreak, because the poor animals, they were taken and who knows what could've happened to them!

When we were in the Poacher's head, I felt bad, because there were people in his life who didn't deserve to have what he was doing affecting their lives, and if and when he got caught, well, they're not the ones who did anything, but it's going to cost them, as well!

That ending was pretty intense, with a car chase and all. Plus the end ending, which was just a lot of fun to read, and has me really excited for the next book, because I just want to know what's going to happen next! I can't wait to find out! 

This book was fantastic, and I can't wait for more from this series. Especially after that ending! 

Author: Diane Kelly
Series: Paw Enforcement #8
Read: August 14th, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Expected Publication: November 26th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!