Saturday, August 31, 2019

Week 35 Review: Deadly Little Scandals

From Goodreads:
"Think of the White Gloves like the Junior League—by way of Skull and Bones…" 

Reluctant debutante Sawyer Taft joined Southern high society for one reason and one reason alone: to identify and locate her biological father. But the answers Sawyer found during her debutante year only left her with more questions and one potentially life-ruining secret. 

When her cousin Lily ropes her into pledging a mysterious, elite, and all-female secret society called the White Gloves, Sawyer soon discovers that someone in the group's ranks may have the answers she's looking for. Things are looking up... until Sawyer and the White Gloves make a disturbing discover near the family's summer home--and uncover a twisted secret, decades in the making. 

No one is quite who they seem to be in this twisty, soapy, gasp-inducing sequel to Jennifer Lynn Barnes' unputdownable Little White Lies.

My Review:
Oh, yeah, this book was utterly fantastic! I just had to read it right away because I wasn't expecting to read this book. But I was so glad that I was approved, I just had to read and devour this book! It was just so freaking amazing!

There's two main things in this book. There's the search for the other baby of the teenage baby pact. And there's the discovery of the body at summer hangout of the elite. We're hit with twist after twist, and I enjoyed how it all came together so much!

We are introduced to some new characters in the form of the White Gloves group. I really enjoyed seeing our gang of friends in that dynamic, because they're not the alphas of the group, they're the newbies. And with all the drama going on, well, it came together so well!

Honestly, I think that we could have more books in this series. I mean, we learned so many scandals and secrets in this book. But there's this one niggling question that's probably unimportant unless we have more books in this series. Which I would absolutely love!

I loved reading this book so freaking much, it was a really fantastic read!

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Series: Debutantes #2
Read: August 29th, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Freeform
Expected Publication: November 5th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!