Saturday, August 22, 2020

Week 34 Review: Zero Repeat Forever

From Goodreads:
He has no voice, or name, only a rank, Eighth. He doesn't know the details of the mission, only the directives that hum in his mind.

Dart the humans. Leave them where they fall.

His job is to protect his Offside. Let her do the shooting.

Until a human kills her…

Sixteen year-old Raven is at summer camp when the terrifying armored Nahx invade, annihilating entire cities, taking control of the Earth. Isolated in the wilderness, Raven and her friends have only a fragment of instruction from the human resistance.

Shelter in place.

Which seems like good advice at first. Stay put. Await rescue. Raven doesn't like feeling helpless but what choice does she have?

Then a Nahx kills her boyfriend.

Thrown together in a violent, unfamiliar world, Eighth and Raven should feel only hate and fear. But when Raven is injured, and Eighth deserts his unit, their survival depends on trusting each other… 

My Review:
This book was so fantastic! It was a little slow to get going for me, but once we got going, I just couldn't put this book down! I just wanted to watch Raven and Eighth interact, because she hates him for what the Nahx have done to her, that they killed her boyfriend. And Eighth, well, there's something, well, defective about him!

I really enjoyed going between these two's perspectives, because they're on opposite sides of the conflict, at least until Eighth deserts, though he is still the enemy, he's not working for them anymore. It was interesting reading about them together, because that is a massive conflict to overcome!

There were a few very clever twists and turns! Because the whole invasion thing, with Eighth's instructions to dart the humans, leave them where they fall, that's just weird. So to get an explanation for that, that things weren't what they seemed, was fantastic!

And that ending! That was just unexpected, and I can't wait to see where things are going to go from here! I've read the synopsis of Cold Falling White, and so I have a few notions of where it's going to go, but I can't wait to see how it's going to end!

Loved this book, and I can't wait to read book 2!

Author: Gabrielle S. Prendergast
Series: The Nahx Invasions #1
Read: August 18th, 2020
Source: Bought/Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a 2020 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: August 29th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!