Sunday, February 5, 2023

Wheel of TBR #141, February 5th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. For each week of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 3 or more times in month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 3 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it before the end of the month, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. Each month I'll get a prompt from my Binge Read Wheel (either specifically picking the prompt, or spinning the wheel) and I have to read at least 9 books, though I can read more!

Of the books from the last week, I read The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon, Heartwood Box by Ann Aguirre, and Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau.

Binge Read Wheel:
For this month, the picked Dying to Read. I read Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel, Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel, so I've read 2/9+.

For the past month, the wheel picked Reading Challenge. I read Wild by Sophie Jordan, The City's Son by Tom Pollock, The Glass Republic by Tom Pollock, Our Lady of the Streets by Tom Pollock, Chain of Thorns by Cassandra Clare, so I've read 14/9+.

Prompts Used This Week:
Oversized Hardcover, Narrator, Literature Map, 2+ Authors.

Oversized Hardcover-Yellow-Warriors of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller-I own this book in oversized hardcover size, so that works! 

Narrator-Violet-More than One Narrator-Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel-This series has at least 3 narrators, and I've been reading the audiobooks

Literature Map-Yellow-Radiant Sin by Katee Robert-I used Christina Lauren, and Katee Robert was on there! 

Bonus Spin for Yellow-2+ Authors-Rose-Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren-Christina Lauren is two authors, so that works! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 0
Orange: 1
Yellow: 3 
Chartreuse: 0
Green: 0
Spring Green: 0
Cyan: 0
Azure: 0
Blue: 0
Violet: 1
Magenta: 1
Rose: 1

Prompts for Next Week:
Restart the Series-Red
Series I Read in 2021 But Not in 2022-Orange
Reading Challenge-Yellow
Ebook-Chartreuse
#Currentlyreading-Green
Big Book-Spring Green
#Bookstagram-Cyan
Series Continued and Unfinished/Current 2021-Azure
Paperback-Blue
Physical Collection as Last Read-Violet
Even Chapters-Magenta
Beautiful Cover-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!