Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 15 Reviews: Ingo, The Tide Knot, The Deep



From Goodreads:
Set in Cornwall, Ingo is the story of Sapphire and her brother Conor, and what happens to them after their father mysteriously disappears at sea. Sapphire still thinks her father is alive. Somewhere. She remembers stories he used to tell her about a Mer creature who fell in love with a human, but could not come to live with him in the dry air.

The following summer, both Conor and Sapphire are inexorably drawn to the water, despite the worries of their mother. They love the water so much, and spend hours in the nearby cove. When Sapphire follows Conor one day, after he has been gone a long time, she meets Faro--a Merman who introduces her to Ingo, an underwater world she could only have dreamed existed. And Ingo blood runs deep through her veins and it is not long before the call of that other world becomes too strong to resist.


From Goodreads:
I can't go back in the house. I'm restless, prickling all over. The wind hits me like slaps from huge invisible hands. But it's not the wind that worries me. It's something else, beyond the storm...

Sapphire and her brother Conor can't forget their adventures in Ingo, the mysterious world beneath the sea. They long to see their Mer friends once more. But a crisis is brewing far below the ocean's surface, where Saldowr, the wisest of the Mer, guards the Tide Knot. And soon both Sapphire and Conor will be drawn into Ingo's troubled waters.

From Goodreads:
Sapphire lives in two worlds. On land she walks the rocky shores of the Cornwall coast—but under the sea she can swim like a seal by the side of her Mer friend Faro.

Now both of Sapphy's worlds are threatened. In the profound depths of the ocean, where the Mer cannot go, a monster called the Kraken is stirring. He has the power to sweep Ingo away and shake the land from its foundation.

Because of her mixed blood, Sapphire can enter the Deep. With a great whale as her guide, she will journey to a place so far from the sun, no light can find it—and confront an evil that's even darker.

My review:
I first read Ingo about 2 years ago, and it was one of those books that you read, like, think about a little while later, and then, if you read a lot of books like me, forget.

Then 2 months ago, I saw it again at the library, where I'd seen it in the first place, I knew I had to reread it-there were sequels now! More books to read!

So I picked those up from the library, and read them.

I really loved how Sapphy's world evolved, and how everything around her changed! It was good to see. I loved how each book had a purpose, and a balance of Ingo, Earth, and Air, like how they are mixed in Sappy and Conner, they had different mixes in each book.

All in all, they were very good, but the occasional British word through me off for a second, like tyre, sine I'm used to tire, and the such. But yeah, good books overall!

I'm going to be reading the last book, The Crossing of Ingo, as soon as I get it from the library-I want to see where everything is going to end up for the characters, and if the new bad guy is going to be defeated!!!!

Author: Helen Dunmore
Series: Ingo #1, 2, 3
Read: April 12th, 13th, 13th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: I enjoyed Ingo the first time, and then I had to read the rest of the series!
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books, HarperTrophy Canada, HarperCollins
Published: August 11th 2005, May 2nd 2006, May 1st 2007

Ingo:
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars









The Tide Knot:
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars









The Deep:
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!