Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Room

I love my room. Have I mentioned that? I didn't think so. First off, let's tell a little story so you guys have a bit of a context.

We bought this house because it was a bungalow?, and because it was an acerage, something that my dad wanted. And there were bits that were a bit unfinished, like the storage room. It didn't have real walls, and you could see the insulation? on most parts, if there was any. There wasn't a carpet, and there were exposed pipes, and vents and such.

And I decided that it was going to be my room.

So I convinced my parents to build it into a proper room. Good thing my grandpa is a carpenter, and has a lot of spare time!

So my room was built, and the carpet was cut a bit, though there wasn't a whole lot of padding, and it wasn't really held down in any way, and I got a ceiling (I'd moved in during the winter, and they started in the summer, and finished by the next winter)

And let me tell you, it's pretty big! The length is about double a regular one, and the width is long enought for a double bed, a bookcase, and walk path. Yeah.

And it has room for all of my furniture (I have a lot of doubles) 4 bookcases, 2 desks, 5 chairs, 2 speakers (that are really old, and not connected to anything, 2 dressers, 1 double bed, 1 couch, 1 tall box thingy, walking space, and a walk in closet (the space under the stairs)

Oh, and you know how this house is a bungalow? Well, that means that my bedroom is in the bastment, and I have a window that is barely over the ground. Yep.

So I love my room. It has room for my books! Like I have this big bookcase that has 3 shelves that are pretty big, and it's pretty long, and I stacked books along the top, and I have 3 stacks that that almost reach the ceiling. It has books by author in order, and the continues to a smaller bookcase (I have 2 copies of it) and it's the middle sized one. It has 2 shelves, and a top, and such. Then the other copy has some of my favourite authors, and some popular ones, and authors that I have a lot of (authors I like, and authors I have a lot of are related) and a very tall stack of books of non-fiction discared from my middle school (I helped out there, so I got some books when there was a mass discard)

And then my smallest bookcase, my first one. It has my favourite authors in the 2 shelves, and on the top, are my bigger books (Acheron, The Host, ext) and books that I've gotten in the mail, as ARC's (The Surrendered, The Katlyn Order, ext) and that I've won, and such. Yep.

So there is my room, and my books. And that's why I love it. And I wish that I had more books, and got more! Books are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!