Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week 38 Review: No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells

From Goodreads:
Elly Blair welcomes the chance to escape her ex-fiance and job from hell when Grandma Imelda, ready to retire to sunny Florida, calls for her to take over her little southern cafe.

Elly has no idea her grandmother has baked up magic for the unsuspecting townsfolk for thirty years-and now Grandma Imelda insists that Elly use her own hitherto unsuspected magical powers to carry on the family tradition.

But Elly's new at this stuff. Her dishes don't turn out as full of smidgens of enchantment and dashes of wishes come true as she'd hoped. When handsome customer Rory Covington takes a bite of the wrong burger, he ends up capturing the attention of every woman in town. Elly doesn't know if her feelings for Rory are true or based on her magic gone awry.

Tom Owenton is an investigator the National Organization for Magic sent to look into the magical mishap. Unless Elly can reverse the spell, the cafe will be closed permanently. Tom is more than willing to help Elly out of this magical pickle, but she's not sure she should accept his offer.

Elly only has forty-eight hours to find a way to reverse the spell, or she'll lose the cafe and never discover if her feelings for Rory are real.


My Review:
What a funny book! I loved the accidents, and the love, and the just laugh out loud moments!

I loved the magic, and how it had to be used, it was really nice, quaint, and fun. If you could move that cafe, I would so have it in Cochrane! There's like, no good food places, and to have what I needed spelled into my food, that would be wicked sweet!

The relationships in this book, loved them! Elly and Rory are very cute together! And the evil hair puller, I wish that she got what was coming to her, but yeah, Elly did make the right decision.

This was an excellent book, so you guys will have to most definitely have to check it out!

Author: Roes Pressey
Series: Mystic Cafe #1
Read: September 21st-22nd, 2011
Source: Author rep for review
Reason Why: Sounded like a fantastic book!
Publisher: Rose Pressey
Published: June 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!