Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week 14 Review: Sweet Venom

From Goodreads:
Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster. 

Gretchen is tired of monsters pulling her out into the wee hours, especially on a school night, but what can she do? Sending the minotaur back to his bleak home is just another notch on her combat belt. She never expected to run into this girl who could be her double, though. 

Greer has her life pretty well put together, thank you very much. But that all tilts sideways when two girls who look eerily like her appear on her doorstep and claim they're triplets, supernatural descendants of some hideous creature from Greek myth, destined to spend their lives hunting monsters. 

These three teenage descendants of Medusa, the once-beautiful gorgon maligned by myth, must reunite and embrace their fates in this unique paranormal world where monsters lurk in plain sight.

My Review:
This book was just fantastic! I mean, a book about the modern descendants of Medusa, fighting monsters and taking names? Just an awesome idea, and I just wanted to read more of it! I was so sad when it ended, I wanted to spend more time in this world!

I loved how different the girls were, and their lives! It was pretty easy to tell the difference between them, thought chapter headings were helpful, too! I just enjoyed how they diverged, I mean, they were triplets, and they had their own personalities, and powers, because of their birth order!

And then there were the boys in their lives. Mostly it was Grace that I was interested for this, because she was the one that wasn't used to the world, but kinda wanted to be in it, Greer didn't want to, really, because her powers kinda messed up her life!

Then the fighting of monsters! That was just interesting, all the different kinds! It just makes me curious, I mean, they have all these books full of info about the monsters, but more their strengths and weaknesses, instead of whys and hows! I want the whys and hows!

Oh, that ending! An explosion! I just want more! I'm hesitant to call it a cliffhanger, but it really felt like one! I just want more now!!!!

Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Series: Medusa Girls #1
Read: April 1st-2nd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to, it's a RR book, and a LLFL book!
Publisher: Kathrine Tegen Books
Published: September 6th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!