Saturday, January 10, 2015

Week 2 Review: Solstice

From Goodreads:
Four ways to get Banished from the last surviving city on earth are: 1. Cut out your emotion tracker, 2. Join a religious cult, 3. Create a rebellion against the Legislature, 4. Fall in love.

Jezebel James does all four.

Jez is on the fast-track to becoming a brilliant scientist, with one goal—to save her city from total extinction. Her caretakers have entrusted her with a secret plan to stop the rain from flooding the rest of the earth and start civilization anew. But the more Jez learns about the price of a fresh beginning, the more she realizes that carrying out the plan will lead to few survivors, and among the dead will be those she cares about the most.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! It was interesting, entertaining, and it made sense! I mean, the ways to get banished make sense for the world, and the way that it is set up. But it also makes sense that Jez breaks them!

I wouldn't want to live in this world, that's for sure! I mean, supposedly last surviving city on Earth? That usually means that the rest were either destroyed, humanity's population has gone down, or both. And yeah, that usually means some restrictive changes in society! Thus, one that I wouldn't want to live in!

I know this is a swoon read. Which means that it's a competition to hopefully to get it published. And that showed in small ways, in it needing some touch ups. But even without that, it was a pretty fantastic book!

I enjoyed which questions were answered in this book, and which ones were left open for the next 2 books, they made a sense, and they were questions that in their respective places, gave me what I was wanting, answered, and burning questions!

I enjoyed this book a lot, and I really hope that it goes through!

Author: Jane Redd
Read: January 7th, 2015
Source: E-Books for Review
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a 2015 Dystopia Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Swoon Read
Published: Hasn't Been Yet
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!