Saturday, March 7, 2015

Week 10 Review: Crater

From Goodreads:
A MINING COLONY ON THE MOON. A DEADLY MISSION. AND A SECRET BIGGER THAN TWO WORLDS.

It's the 22nd Century. A tough, pioneering people mine the moon for Helium-3 to produce energy for a desperate, war-torn Earth.

Sixteen-year-old Crater Trueblood loves his job as a Helium-3 miner. But when he saves a fellow miner, his life changes forever. Impressed by his heroism, the owner of the mine orders Crater to undertake a dangerous mission. Crater doubts himself, but has no choice. He must go.

With the help of Maria, the mine owner's frustrating but gorgeous granddaughter, and his gillie-a sentient and sometimes insubordinate clump of slime mold cells-Crater must fight both human and subhuman enemies. He'll battle his way across a thousand miles of deadly lunar terrain and face genetically altered super warriors in his quest to recover an astonishing object that will alter the lives of everyone on the moon.

My Review:
Yeah, I won't be reading the rest of this series. This was a pretty OK book, but the writing, it just got on my nerves, and I barely made it through this book, and just getting through this book, gives me a bad reading time, and I have enough books to read that I don't have to go along with bad reading times!

So I enjoyed the mystery in this book, of the mission, and why they're doing it, because of course there's a undercurrent hidden underneath it. and all this happening for Crater because the one guy wanted more of the workers, so they weren't able to finish their tasks, which lead to the environment where Crater became a hero. Yeah.

There's also that big of romance between him and Maria, though I didn't like her too much, the way she was raised, led to a not a great person overall. Decent, but not great. But their relationship was a bit of a learning experience for Crater!

So what the object is? And what it can do, and what it means for everyone? Yeah, that was pretty cool, and I enjoyed it! And what Crater did in the end was pretty good, and was a pretty good ending, I enjoyed it.

This was a pretty good book, but I just couldn't get over the writing that annoyed me!

Author: Homer Hickam
Series: Helium-3 #1
Read: March 6th, 2015
Source: Booklook Blogger Review Book
Reason Why: Sounded really good! And it's a 2015 Dystopia Book and a Prequel & sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Published: April 12th 2012
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!