Saturday, March 28, 2015

Week 13 Review: The Orphan Queen

From Goodreads:
Wilhelmina has a hundred identities.

She is a princess. When the Indigo Kingdom conquered her homeland, Wilhelmina and other orphaned children of nobility were taken to Skyvale, the Indigo Kingdom's capital. Ten years later, they are the Ospreys, experts at stealth and theft. With them, Wilhelmina means to take back her throne.


She is a spy. Wil and her best friend, Melanie, infiltrate Skyvale Palace to study their foes. They assume the identities of nobles from a wraith-fallen kingdom, but enemies fill the palace, and Melanie's behavior grows suspicious. With Osprey missions becoming increasingly dangerous and their leader more unstable, Wil can't trust anyone.


She is a threat. Wraith is the toxic by-product of magic, and for a century using magic has been forbidden. Still the wraith pours across the continent, reshaping the land and animals into fresh horrors. Soon it will reach the Indigo Kingdom. Wilhelmina's magic might be the key to stopping the wraith, but if the vigilante Black Knife discovers Wil's magic, she will vanish like all the others.


Jodi Meadows introduces a vivid new fantasy full of intrigue, romance, dangerous magic, and one girl's battle to reclaim her place in the world.


My Review:
Oh, I enjoyed this book so much! I wish that the 4 novels of the Black Knife were coming earlier, so I could've read them before this, but oh, well! This was just so fantastic! And I'm glad that I read it after it was published-because the e-ARC from Edelweiss was only the first part!

So going into the world was really easy, I just slid in, and just started reading! Before this week, I'd been feeling a bit burned out, I guess, and yeah, this week just gave me a spark, because I've read more in this week then the past two combined, I believe!

Really enjoyed reading about Wil, and the various hats and identities that she uses, I was going to use the word "plays" but that gave the wrong impression. Because this isn't a game, it's serious! She's fighting to get her kingdom back!

I kinda guessed who the Black Knife was, there were clues, so yeah, I really enjoyed that! But that ending! Oh, that was a lot of different pains! But there's that fate that is up in the air! And the question over if magic is really the cause of the wraith, and what to do with what Wil did to some of the Wraith in this book!

Really fantastic, and with that cliffhanger ending, well, yeah, the 2nd book can't come fast enough!

Author: Jodi Meadows
Series: The Orphan Queen #1
Read: March 27th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss/Tuebl
Reason Why: Loved her other books, and it's a Historical Fiction 2015 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Published: March 10th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about this one! I actually don't think I've read any of her books before, but this one looks amazing!!

    Jessica @ Ramblings on Readings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really great book! And the rest of her books are fantastic, too! Hope you check them out! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!