Saturday, March 21, 2015

Week 12 Reviews: Fallen in Love, Rapture


From Goodreads:
Unexpected. Unrequited. Forbidden. Eternal. Everyone has their own love story.

And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories combine over the course of a romantic Valentine's Day in Medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they least expect it. 

Roland learns a painful lesson about finding-and losing love. 

Arianne pays the price for a love so fierce it burns. 

And for the first -and last- time, Daniel and Luce will spend a night together like none other.

Lauren Kate's FALLEN IN LOVE is filled with love stories . . . the ones everyone has been waiting for.

True love never says goodbye. . .

From Goodreads:
The sky is dark with wings . . .

And time is running out for Luce and Daniel.

In order to stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the Fall began. Only Luce can break the curse, and it is her choice alone that will decide all of their fates.

But as Dark Forces gather, great sacrifices will have to be made in this final, epic struggle . . .

In the fight for Luce, and for Love, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can't wait any longer. 

My first review of Fallen in Love, Rapture
My Review:
I really enjoyed finishing off this series again! I wish that I'd read it more closely together, but, what can you do about the past? Just so great to read these books again, I just enjoyed them so much! And yeah that Cam's going to get a book!

I had forgotten that Roland had fallen in love, and then left her, then came back to find she was married with kids. Not fun! Or that Arriane fell in love with another angel-but on the day that Arriane chose Heaven, her love chose Hell. And once, when she tried to get Arriane to come to Hell, it didn't end well, with her attempting to take off her wings, and Arriane stopping her, getting those burns on her neck from the demon blood. Just sad, you know!

And oh, Rapture! The journey to get the 3 objects, put them together to tell them where they fell, then going there, was just really great! I'd forgotten a few things, like what they went through to get them, that Dee was the second one, and that she had to die for the map to form. Oh, and that Troy was the area where they fell!

So I do have one or two nitpicks. The last chapter and then the epilogue, of Luce and Daniel's lives as humans, meeting for the first last time, it says 17 years later. But Luce is 18, and Daniel is 2 years older. I know it's Throne and everything, but still!

Favourite lines from Rapture: "Like the way your computer freeze up more and more frequently before the hard drive crashes and erases your twenty-page term paper? What? Angels and demons don't do homework?" Probably not! "'We're making your monuments to Justice!' 'You know, I think I prefer the Scale when they're plastered.'" Yeah, everybody, I think, besides them, prefers it that way! "Don't worry, dear. The day I encounter Sophia again, I'll grab the nearest heavy object and bludgeon her myself." So you thinking she as her and those actions are perfect right, aimed in the right direction! "Religious tourists aren't football hooligans. Storm the prayer pillows!" that would be fun to see!

"'What happens now? Don't tell me we have to pray.' 'Oh, it's far worse, Cam. Now you've got to clean. Polish the angels, especially their wings. Polish them until they shine.'" Oh, yeah, probably shouldn't have said that, but they'd have to polish no matter what!

Man, it was just really great to finish this series off!

Author: Lauren Kate
Series: Fallen #3.5, 4
First Read: July 8th, 2012
Read: March 20th, 20th, 2015
Source: Tuebl, Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Books! And Rapture is a End of Series 2015 Book!
Publisher: Random House Children's Books, Doubleday Children's
Published: January 24th 2012, June 12th 2012

Fallen in Love:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Rapture:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!