Saturday, November 5, 2016

Week 45 Review: The Immortal Throne

From Goodreads:
Daphne Raines knew it was risky to enter the underworld to save the love of her life, Haden, who had sacrificed his own honor as an Underlord for her sake. But she could never have predicted that she'd end up betrothed to Haden's conniving half-brother, Garrick, new King of the Underrealm-and bound to his dark world.

Even worse, Haden is banished to the mortal realm, and has just days to live as poison takes over his body and mind. Only Daphne's kiss can save him, but how can she escape Garrick and reach Haden in time? Surprises lurk around every corner in the final chapter of this epic romance story, as Haden and Daphne fight to fulfill their destinies. 

My Review:
I just loved reading this book! This series has been fantastic from the beginning, and I just loved reading it! Though it is the last book in the series, which sucks, but it was just a really fantastic read and I loved it!

After the ending of The Eternity Key, I desperately wanted to read this book! So yeah that things picked up rather quickly, with Garrick's betrayal, Daphne stuck in the Underworld and Haden dying in the mortal realm, I was really glad to dive right back in!

This book really brought back why this series is called Into the Dark-into death, into the Underworld. And since it's been so long since this series started (at least, it feels that way) that it was a really great reminder! And it's a really fantastic theme that was played with in this book!

Loved how things worked out, there were quite a few close calls, like, what the heck just happened? And while there were some losses, things worked out rather well, and I loved how Haden's father came to respect him, and how they won!

This book was just so freaking fantastic, and I can't wait to read what Bree Despain writes next!

Author: Bree Despain
Series: Into the Dark #3
Read: November 4th, 2016
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing! And it's a End of Series 2016 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book, RR Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Carolrhoda Books
Published: October 1st 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!